Parents and Fans can not find or see games

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
wilburburns

Re: Parents and Fans can not find or see games

Post by wilburburns » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:55 am

OhioTex,

My steps are exactly as you have listed , there is no need for me to type anything different, as I am not doing anything different.

It is great that you are not having any issues and you can follow our team as we play throughout the summer. However, it seems as though our fans, parents, and friends aren’t having that same luck.

To make things blatantly clear. My 70yr old mother has been trying to effectively use the iScore app for 4+ years now. One year, was even convinced that if she paid for it, all would work. For her it would be hit or miss if she could find the games or not, which is the main reason I started sending out game links in the first place.

Skip to this spring when my daughter made the HS team, which uses GC. My same 70yr old mother was able to download GC, search for the HS team, become a fan, and not only watch the games, but also get emails and notifications about the game starting.

As I have stated, this new method does not work as well as you, or I can only assume the admin think. However, the admin have quit responding, so who really knows. I love using, scoring, and viewing the stats on iScore, but the current method of viewing sucks.

We will actually be in your neck of the woods late July, feel free to stop by Lou Berliner park and show our fans and myself what we are obviously doing wrong.

Cliff
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:41 am

We have not stopped responding, we are just unable to reproduce the issue with the information given to this point. We continue to try to reproduce as we want the experience to be smooth for all users, but we have nothing new we can offer by responding in the same way we (or OhioTex) have. If anyone can provide any new information to help reproduce the problem that would be fantastic.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 am

There is truly nothing more I can say. I created a test account (different email address than I use to score games with), I downloaded and open the iScore Central app. Go to teams - find a team - type part of team name.

If our team name is in the list (usually it’s not), I try and click on it, but nothing happens. Some other teams, I click on them and it changes screens, but not my team.

———-+—

Option 2 which still does not work.
I send a game link out to fans, they click the link, iScore Central opens (I’ve reluctantly told everyone they have to download the app), but does not open to the game or even our team.

—————-
Option 3 seems to work most of the time, but for some reason not all the time..

Send fans to our website, where they can click on the scoreboard link. Most of the time this will open iScore Central to that game, but other times, it just opens iScore Central to the main opening page, unrelated to our team.

Nothing more to say as like you, I have said all this before. No it is not working as you say it is, and obviously, I’m not the only one unhappy about this.

Cliff
MahtaWhata

Post by MahtaWhata » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 am

When I click on #wilburburns link in his 5/29/18 3:37 pm post it brings me to the page with 2 links to open in a browser or in the app. If I click either one it asks me if I want to open this page in “iScore Central”. The only two options are Cancel and Open so I click Open. It then brings me to the page that says, “iScore Central Premium”. The only 3 options are “Maybe Later”, “3 Months Premium Subscription $4.99”, and “Restore Prior Purchase”. When I click “Maybe Later” it brings me to a list of games that are current. Certainly not a game over 11-0 stomping. If I click any of the games in the list it brings me right back to the pay screen.

I’m using an iPhone 7. I have downloaded the app (v.1.74) and have even logged in but have not paid because obviously i’m trying to troubleshoot the problem of parents being required to pay.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:03 am

I would be glad to see you play at Berliner.. let me know when get closer. depending on schedules perhaps i can make a field call.
wilburburns wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:55 am
We will actually be in your neck of the woods late July, feel free to stop by Lou Berliner park and show our fans and myself what we are obviously doing wrong.

Cliff
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:08 am

I do four clicks (iPhone 5 iscore v1.74) Here is a copy and paste of the game link .. (so you don't have to scroll)

1) click on link
http://iscoresports.com/central/redirec ... p=baseball
2) click View in app
3) click Open
4) click replay

@MahtaWhata .
. your steps (highlighted below) are the same steps i would expect, E
except you should not have gotten the "iscore Central premium screen" because the team is a paid subscription team.

to trouble shoot, i would suggest
a) try "Removing and re installing the iscore central viewer app. "
b) then try the link again (even before logging in as a premium subscriber) .. see if that works
c) if works, now try logging in as premium subscriber,
d) now test the link

I just did a to d above and worked for me

MahtaWhata wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:55 am
When I click on #wilburburns link in his 5/29/18 3:37 pm post it brings me to the page with 2 links to open in a browser or in the app. If I click either one it asks me if I want to open this page in “iScore Central”. The only two options are Cancel and Open so I click Open. It then brings me to the page that says, “iScore Central Premium”. The only 3 options are “Maybe Later”, “3 Months Premium Subscription $4.99”, and “Restore Prior Purchase”. When I click “Maybe Later” it brings me to a list of games that are current. Certainly not a game over 11-0 stomping. If I click any of the games in the list it brings me right back to the pay screen.

I’m using an iPhone 7. I have downloaded the app (v.1.74) and have even logged in but have not paid because obviously i’m trying to troubleshoot the problem of parents being required to pay.
iScore Baseball/Softball
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

Cliff,

computer programs are step wise animals, tell me what you type specifically so i can replicate.

I disagree, you have said all this before..(or i missed it, sorry) (i can also read back posts and see you skipped answering whole posts i made with questions, your response was " do not need to type" because i said it all already )

here is an example why it helps if you do type back ... for example,

, in your last note you mention " Go to teams - find a team - type part of team name. " go ahead and tell us what you typed. FORCE or bluegrass for example. but also you did not say this before. Here is a difference, In my steps (repasted at end of this post for faster reference) i asked you to replicate . I said to Search in GAMES page (NOT teams page. ) looking over many posts, i asked this question and did not get an answer, are you searching in GAMES or TEAMS page?

I am sure you are doing both, but if you do not describe it in steps. we are going to miscommunicate. It is easy for either of us to unintentionally miss something so it helps to be specific

Try this example
1) open iscore central app
2) typed "Bluegrass" [(this is the opening screen, GAMES > SEARCH , not TEAMS > FIND page.)
3) i scroll down 5 or 6 gams and i soon see a few of your recent games..
* Louisville Stunners vs Bluegrass Force 05 -- score 1-5 on june 10 2018
* Louisville Stunners vs Bluegrass Force 05 -- 1-3 on june 10 2018
* soky firecrackers vs Bluegrass Force 05 -- score 3-4 on june 9 2018
*Bluegrass Force 05 vs West KY stars -- score 12-0 on june 9 2018

Do you get the same games. ? on GAME DAY this is the easiest way to find a Game.
(if you have a premium subscription, you can favorite a team and use teams page, but if not favorited, GAME search on GAME day the easiest)

when you say you sent out a link. Share the specific steps you took to generate the link (and the link) so we can replicate.

for example there are many ways to mail a link. we may find one fails and others work
. (ie Game Manager > Game > Score > click radio icon > email link.. busted.. while Game Manager > Game > Score > Misc > email link .. works)
or Share link from iscore central app.. etc etc etc

I am sorry, but the only way to trouble shoot remotely is step by step and answering questions asked

wilburburns wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 am
There is truly nothing more I can say. I created a test account (different email address than I use to score games with), I downloaded and open the iScore Central app. Go to teams - find a team - type part of team name.

If our team name is in the list (usually it’s not), I try and click on it, but nothing happens. Some other teams, I click on them and it changes screens, but not my team.

———-+—

Option 2 which still does not work.
I send a game link out to fans, they click the link, iScore Central opens (I’ve reluctantly told everyone they have to download the app), but does not open to the game or even our team.

—————-
Option 3 seems to work most of the time, but for some reason not all the time..

Send fans to our website, where they can click on the scoreboard link. Most of the time this will open iScore Central to that game, but other times, it just opens iScore Central to the main opening page, unrelated to our team.

Nothing more to say as like you, I have said all this before. No it is not working as you say it is, and obviously, I’m not the only one unhappy about this.

Cliff

OhioTex wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 8:57 am
Please describe in detail the steps you are taking.

Here is how i tested it... on an iPhone

1) i removed my app from iPhone
2) download iscore central Viewer app (blue icon) from apple store and it installed fresh app
3) Clicked the Link in this forum (from prior posts) in safari
4) when prompted .. Clicked > View in App > open >

5) there is the game, bluegrass force 05 vs Legacy Hope 2018. score 11-0 game over top of 4th.

1) I closed app
2) Opened App (clicked through instructions, "I got it")
3) Typed in "bluegrass" in game Search window and got the following
  • Bluegrass force 05 vs Crush orange 5/27 6:19pm
    Bluegrass force 05 vs Legacy hope 5/27 11:13am
    Bluegrass force 05 vs Jinx 06 2018 5/27 8:37 am
    Bluegrass force 05 vs KY sting 5/26 5pm
    Bluegrass force 05 vs JTown strike 2018 5/26 5pm
All those games had Unlocked padlock icon. i clicked on couple games, all opened.

all without being logged in or using saved Favorite team etc

I went to settings and turned on Audio and got audio also, again not signed in as a paid subscriber.

This is how i expected it to work and it did

Please share your experience if different so developers can help find any issues
iScore Baseball/Softball
wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:19 pm

Yes, when searching games they show up, but I’m searching teams, because I’m looking for a team. If the option is there to search and find a team, we should be able to use it.

As far as the game link being sent out, you have seen and clicked it. MahtaWahta clicked it and you told him it worked as expected, yet he was not taken to the game, just opened the app and asked him to pay for the premium app.

Cliff
MahtaWhata

Post by MahtaWhata » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:40 pm

As suggested I deleted the iScore Central app and reinstalled. I did not log in. But I still get to the pay screen, not the game. Can you check to see if the link still works for you and/or can you please provide a link to another team's game that should be free?

I want to purchase a team web page so my parents don't all have to purchase a subscription but won't if we can't get this straightened out.

FYI, iPhone 5 (you) and iPhone 7 (me) have very different operating systems now. Anything below a 6S is not supported/ updated by Apple anymore. I have to assume it works on other people's iPhone 7's or there would be a lot more posts about this. I would really like to troubleshoot it so I know how to fix the other parent's access issues as well. Thanks!!!!!
wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Just checked the game link I posted weeks ago.

Just as you stated, iscore Central opens, asks to buy premium, I say maybe later and get dumped out to the search game page.

iPhone 6s here

I have purchased the team website, even renewed it a couple weeks ago, even with all these issues.

Cliff