Jersey Numbers Changed to -1

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
computus

Jersey Numbers Changed to -1

Post by computus » Fri May 01, 2009 12:41 pm

After entering player information for each team in Team Manager, I noticed that some player's jersey numbers would change to -1 instead of the original, correct number. I would fix these, but next time I went to score a game, the problem would return.

Any idea if I am doing something wrong or if there is a code issue?

Love the program and have had several people show interest while I was sitting in the stands scoring a game with it. It practically sells itself, especially to those people that don't understand more than the basic balls, strikes, and outs.
jdonato

Re: Jersey Numbers Changed to -1

Post by jdonato » Fri May 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi

This issue is a known bug, and if you follow the link below you will find a workaround to avoid the problem until the next update.

http://iscore.freeforums.org/avoiding-1 ... d-t85.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Happy scoring!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Jersey Numbers Changed to -1

Post by FTMSupport » Wed May 06, 2009 10:00 am

This issue has been fixed in version 1.6 which was submitted today and should be approved by Apple within a week. One caveat is that if you have the -1 issue in an already existing lineup or roster you will have to fix it by hand. Pay particular attention to Batting YES/NO because in the lineup a player may appear as batting but in the player info screen the batting selector will have neither YES nor NO selected.

Once you have fixed your data by hand the issue will never reoccur.

We debated long and hard about making the current release change the database automatically, but with any major change such as this there was a danger of encountering an unexpected situtation and corrupting the data further. Since the percentage of people with -1 currently in their data is small, we felt it would not be wise to expose the large majority to an unnecessary risk. We apologize for any inconvenience but feel this will be best solution for our customers in the long run.

Do not perform these steps until your have downloaded release 1.6
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs