pinch runner

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
spnmbr8rchs

pinch runner

Post by spnmbr8rchs » Fri May 01, 2009 10:31 am

when i have a runner on base and i want to pinch run for him nothing comes up!
jdonato

Re: pinch runner

Post by jdonato » Fri May 01, 2009 10:39 am

What I do:

I click on the player number (usually in red color and on base) and iScore presents a window in which I can select, among other things, pinch runner.

Are you using the latest version (1.50.14)?
pmdaniels

Post by pmdaniels » Sat May 02, 2009 7:18 pm

I am running the current version and had this same problem today. When I selected the runner, then selected pinch runner, it just went back to the field view with the same person on base.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat May 02, 2009 9:22 pm

Great catch pmdaniels! I don't know how the Pinch Runner button slipped through our testing.

Putting in a pinch runner is covered in YouTube video #2. We have also added a new FAQ entry here:

http://iscore.freeforums.org/pinch-runn ... -t155.html

Thank you, and sorry for the confusion.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
RandyKammerer

Post by RandyKammerer » Thu May 07, 2009 3:55 pm

I am also trying to determine how to insert a pinch runner. I have the most current version. The "howto" video on the home page shows how to insert a pinch runner and my screen looks nothing like what the video shows.

Am I missing something?
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Thu May 07, 2009 5:20 pm

Did you already try the steps listed in the FAQ link that is posted in the message just before yours?

If you tap the batter, that brings up the substitution screen. Then you can tap the position in the lineup of the person for whom you would like to pinch run. Then select the pinch runner from the list of players. Then hit the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

If your screen does not match, I would verify the version (this is displayed on the opening page when you launch the app. If you are running the latest right now, it should say 1.50.14.

ben
jah

Re: pinch runner (youth sports issue)

Post by jah » Sat May 09, 2009 5:02 pm

The problem with the pinch runner treatment when used as a substitution (as currently suggested), is that it doesn't support a very common scenario in youth sports. Little league and other programs allow a 'special pinch runner' where a player can be substituted for on the bases. Typially it can be used 1 time per inning and 1 time per player in each game. You sub only the runner, there is no offensive or defensive substitution or line up change. Considering your market, I would strongly suggest this and a few changes/enhancements to support little league and similar programs. I also agree that using the pinch runner button after clicking on the runner would be the best place to handle this, particularly since it is not a normal substitution.