Score Card won't update after edit

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
mikeny

Score Card won't update after edit

Post by mikeny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:42 am

Hi,

I'm using an Android Tablet, Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition. After the game, I went to the pitch by pitch screen and changed a FC to a single. Despite numerous exports and resending the email the tablet continues to generate the scorecard with the FC. I have a website sub. The incorrect scorecard is up on the website. The game stats, cumulative stats and play are correct. The hit is reflected. I also tried going into the game, 'undoing the last play and redoing it. Same issue.

From the tablet, each individual side generated scorecard is correct but again---not the full emailed copy with both teams included.

Workaround: On my Android phone----I clicked 'get data from web' and imported the game. From the phone when you generate the scorecard, voila, the correct scorecard is produced. I was considering importing it with the tablet from the phone but I don't want to screw anything up and I'd really like the correct to be on the website.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Score Card won't update after edit

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 am

You can try using the "Recalc" option when viewing the stats for the game. That should recalculate everything about the game, and then viewing the scorecard should be updated as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mikeny

Post by mikeny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:54 am

FTMSupport wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:18 am
You can try using the "Recalc" option when viewing the stats for the game. That should recalculate everything about the game, and then viewing the scorecard should be updated as well.
Thanks but that didn't work. The tablet is still stuck on the 1st draft. It still says FC.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:50 pm

That is interesting. You may want to try installing a different PDF viewer on your device. With Android, we write the PDF to the file system and then launch an action to open whichever PDF viewer you have installed. Perhaps the one you have is opening a cached version of the PDF file. If you go to Google Play and search for PDF Viewers, you should be able to install another free one.
mikeny

Post by mikeny » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 pm

FTMSupport wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:50 pm
That is interesting. You may want to try installing a different PDF viewer on your device. With Android, we write the PDF to the file system and then launch an action to open whichever PDF viewer you have installed. Perhaps the one you have is opening a cached version of the PDF file. If you go to Google Play and search for PDF Viewers, you should be able to install another free one.
I'll look into that FTMSupport. Thanks. It may be an issue. Not sure.

However, here's what did the trick! I went back into the game with the tablet, clicking 'play', clicked 'undo' which didn't really seem to 'undo' anything because the final game winning hit was still the last event on the screen. Then I clicked Miscellaneous- End Game. Subsequent emailed scorecards were updated. I exported. Downloaded the scorecard from Team Site and it checks out. Downloaded the scorecard from the admin website and it also checked out.
mikeny

Post by mikeny » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:38 am

Good morning,

This continued to be an issue for me after changing a 1st inning an E6 to a hit post game this morning. I tried spoofing the app in various ways including changing the settings to an 8th inning from a standard 7 so I could click 'end game' which worked last time. Nothing worked. I tried the recalc procedure as well. It was very frustrating. Again, importing the game into another device worked but again that doesn't get it onto the main scoring device website server correctly

I shut the tablet off and brought it to work. When I turned it on and tried a new 'send scorecard' attempt, it worked properly on all ends. (email/website/admin site) Maybe turning off the tablet and then starting it again helped.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:20 am

This really sounds like a "caching" issue on the device. Like the PDF viewer is not looking to see if the PDF file was updated and is just displaying the old version of the file even after it is updating. And then after some period of time, it is reading the file from storage again. We would again suggest trying another PDF viewer from the Google Play store.
mikeny

Post by mikeny » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:54 am

FTMSupport wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:20 am
This really sounds like a "caching" issue on the device. Like the PDF viewer is not looking to see if the PDF file was updated and is just displaying the old version of the file even after it is updating. And then after some period of time, it is reading the file from storage again. We would again suggest trying another PDF viewer from the Google Play store.
Yesterday I uninstalled Adobe Reader, installed Google Pdf Reader but got the same results in a test. When I turned the tablet off and started it, the correct pdf was generated. This morning, I repeated a similar test. Again,the shut down and start worked. Hopefully it's as simple as that.
Stan

Post by Stan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:16 pm

I had the same problem but the restart solution didn't work. I changed the number of Earned Runs after the game ended but they wern't reflected in the Score Card.
mikeny

Post by mikeny » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 am

Stan wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:16 pm
I had the same problem but the restart solution didn't work. I changed the number of Earned Runs after the game ended but they wern't reflected in the Score Card.
Changing FC to a hit or an Error should ultimately get updated on the scorecard. I'm having success turning off the tablet and starting it to have a corrected copy there.

However, regarding the earned run issue I don't know if it's going to update for you. As I wrote about in another thread when I recently overrode that stat due to a passed ball in an inning, it wouldn't update the scorecard.