Baserunner disappeared

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
wrast

Baserunner disappeared

Post by wrast » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:24 am

I was scoring a game last night. I had a runner on first. After the pitch I recorded a ball then tried to move the runner from first to second on a stolen base. When I tapped on the runner at first he disappeared (meaning the icon with his number was gone)! I was not presented with buttons to advance the runner either.

Undo didn't do anything to help the problem. Ultimately I got around it by quitting iScore and running it again, but this was bothersome as I had to play catch-up with what had happened on the field.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Baserunner disappeared

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:51 am

We have seen (and had reported) that on rare occassions, the "buttons" with fielders and runners will sometimes go blank (just like you are describing). We are still troubleshooting the cause (if anyone can reproduce this consistently, please let us know), and hope to have it fixed for the next release.

The simple workaround for now if you ever see this is to immediately exit, and go back in to iScore. You will be able to continue right where you left off, and all the player #'s will reappear on the buttons.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
RoundingThird

Post by RoundingThird » Tue May 05, 2009 7:56 am

I've noticed this on an in the park homer followed by a walk then a steal on next pitch.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 am

Great find roundingthird! We are able to reproduce. We are having our developers fix this as I type this, and the fix will be included in the next release... we are hoping to submit to the App Store today.

Thank you.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Tue May 05, 2009 11:50 am

Nice, RoundingThird! These kind of contributions are what makes this forum so great, and benefit us all.
wrast

Post by wrast » Wed May 06, 2009 7:39 am

That is a heck of a find. I can confirm that when this occurred there was an IPHR, but I don't recall the sequence after that. What I can remember is that when the baserunner disappeared it was in an effort to record a stolen base from first to second.
pujoe1

Post by pujoe1 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:00 pm

I had this happen to me yesterday as I scored the Texas Rangers who were playing on TV. Luckily I could pause the DVR and get the problem solved or I'd have been in a mess trying to catch up.

It did not involve an inside the park home run. The batter was hit by a pitch. He then stole second base and was advanced to third when the second batter grounded out 3-1. After the ground out was entered, the runner who had advanced to third disappeared. I went ahead and scored the next play, a sacrifice fly. Then I decided to undo until I got the original batter back up. At that point I went back through the sequence again. HBP, SB, ground out, etc. All was fine and there were no repeat problems.

Strange problem solved, but it took awhile to get it straight. I couldn't have done it in real time. My DVR pause button saved me on this one.

Bob
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun May 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Version 1.60 was just approved in the App Store (free download for existing customers), and it should fix this issue.