Sacrifice Fly with an error

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
CoachBob

Sacrifice Fly with an error

Post by CoachBob » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:29 am

One of my hitters hit a long fly ball to right field with the bases loaded. The rightfielder should have caught it be he dropped it. The batter was safe and all runners moved up including the guy on third who scored. This should be scored, sac fly with an E9. The batter DOES get an RBI and he shouldnt be charged with an at bat but that doesnt seem to work.

Any ideas?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Sacrifice Fly with an error

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:28 pm

Would this issue be solved if we added a button under the "Safe" list called "Sac Fly with Error"
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
CoachBob

Post by CoachBob » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:16 pm

Yes that would work as long as the hitter still gets the RBI which he would if when we entered it we selected advanced by batter not by error which is what we should do.

thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Ok we are adding "Sac Fly with Error", "Sac Bunt with Error" and "Sac Bunt safe because the fielder unsucessfully tried to put out the preceding runner without errors". Shortened that one to "Sacrifice Bunt" under the safe category :D
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Wow... I love the little extra things I learn on this forum. Before reading this, I never would have figured a fly would still count as a sacrifice if an error were made on the play (I actually haven't run into the situation in my years of scoring where I've seen this happen). I would have just called it an error and never attributed it as a sac on my scorecard. I was going to post a response to that effect, but decided to look it up.

Thanks, CoachBob.

ben