Incorrect number of games played in cumulative stats

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jdonato

Incorrect number of games played in cumulative stats

Post by jdonato » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:37 am

While checking the cumulative stats of a team (after 3 games), I found players with more games than really played; players that have not played appear with 1 game (relievers not used yet), some players with 1 game appear as having played two (2) (the starting pitcher of game 2, for instance). While checking the individual game stats, they are correct, the starting pitcher appears only in the second game, the reliever has not played yet. :o

This is happening with more than 10 players! By the way, pitching stats are okay, relievers are not there, starting pitcher appears with one game only.

How could this has happened? I have taken precautions of not having players batting or with positions assigned, other than the ones playing. I did encounter the dreaded -1 once, between games 2 and 3, but I corrected before starting game 3 (by the way, it is a mystery as I have taken care of following your advice to avoid this).

Is there a way of resetting the cumulative stats, so that it follows the individual games stats and correct itself? Please advise...

I hope I don't have to begin scoring again from game 1 :shock:
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect number of games played in cumulative stats

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 pm

If you can upload your database to us (Options menu, Export), and email us your Customer ID (seen at bottom of Options screen) to support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, we will look at your data and figure out what is going on.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:44 pm

Because of an issue with previous versions of iScore, some of they data for cumulative stats may not be appearing correctly where games are included from old versions. We have added a fix to the next release (1.6) which will clear up all of these issues. No data will be lost from your existing games and there is no need to re-score any games. This is simply a reporting issue.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks for the response.

Please note that, at least in my case, all three of the games were scored with the new 1.50.14 version. I had deleted all previous games scored and had "re-scored" them (that's why I was reluctant to score them again, it would be the fourth time :) ) So at least in my case, the problem is something else. The only thing that comes from the previous version are the rosters, not the games.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:30 pm

We were actually able to open your data with our latest version, and it shows cumulative stats correctly based on the email you sent us, so we are pretty sure your specific issue has been addressed in the upcoming release already.

Thank you again.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks!

Sorry I was not as clear as I thought. When I wrote the previous response, I had already read your email specifying that in the next release this problem is fixed (for the users reading this, these guys are AWESOME and FAST in customer support!!!). I just wanted to let you know my "specifics", in case it helped you with the "troubleshooting and tweaking".

Thumbs up, FTM guys! :D
SharkBait

Post by SharkBait » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:01 pm

jdonato wrote: Thumbs up, FTM guys! :D
Ummm.... Yeah.... Uh, I think they prefer to be called "monkey boys". Just FYI...