Not Sure What Happened (responded, Awaiting user response/action)

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
jdelmoral

Not Sure What Happened (responded, Awaiting user response/action)

Post by jdelmoral » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:07 am

I have a Galaxy Tablet E that i score baseball games on that is running on v4.51.329

The other day the server ran out of disk space while i was trying to sync up iscorecast. I didn't know that until after i had got the bright idea to delete the app from the tablet and reinstall it thinking that would fix the problem. Well when i did that the tablet kept the same Customer ID but all 23 of the other games were gone. I was not able to import the games from the first customer id because of internet issues so i scored the game. i let my buddy use the tablet to score the game we had last night and now i don't know how to get all of the first 23 games back. i tried to import on a good internet connection but a lot of the games are not scored. I looked at i score cast and the games are there and they are scored but they are not pulling into iscorecentral or the iscore app.
Juan A. Del Moral

"Progress always involves risk....you can't steal second without taking your foot off first."
OhioTex

Re: Not Sure What Happened

Post by OhioTex » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:53 am

I wil be glad to help walk through steps with you to try and retrieve the missing games, but will need some background information from you first to help formulate my approach

I know you are not a newbie and am sorry in a moment of frustration, you decided to uninstall your app and wipe out your database. but i think we will be able to recover all your games and not loose any data. In this type of "what happened" situation, the more specific you can be on what you tried and how, the easier it is for me to target my response and not have to ask so many questions. Also, I am hoping you are being loose with the word "import" and are not always using OPTION > IMPORT, but instead are aware of and using DATA SHARING to try and retrieve missing games. OPTION > EXPORT AND IMPORT move entire data bases, while OPTION > DATA SHARING retrieves individual games.

If you would rather email me, ohiotex.iscorebaseball@gmail.com, with your customer ID we can work this off line . ( i will remove the email address in a few hours)

PREFACE : It is important, when troubleshooting missing data, that under LEAGUE MANAGER > you ENABLE THE SPECIAL "ALL" LEAGUE, so we are confident nothing is simply masked by missed league assignments on your device.

background questions
1) When you say "all 23 of the other games were gone".
  • a) Are you saying 23 is all the games on your device? ,
    b) Or is 23 just a subset? . If a subset, how many games on device (ball park, 50, 100, 200, 500 etc)?
2) for the 'missing 23'
  • a) when did you score them ? ,
    b) are they the last 23 games you scored? if so over over what time frame? , (e.g. in the last few days, last week, last month.. etc , )
    c) are they all in sequence, or is there 'skipping around' going on, ( i.e. recovered some from middle of a time frame.?
3) when you say " I was not able to import the games from the first customer id "... i am confused, b/c you also said " when i did that the tablet kept the same Customer ID ".
  • a) are we dealing with multiple customer IDs? If so please specify.
4) when you said " i tried to import on a good internet connection but a lot of the games are not scored"
  • how did you try and 'import', I know you are not a newbie ,
    a) are you using OPTION > IMPORT? (if so, when did you last OPTION > EXPORT, relative to the missing games..)
    b) Or where you using OPTION > DATA SHARE > GET FROM WEB > ID and Password. is so what ID,
    c) When you say "...games are not scored..." What do you mean, you could not see the games listed where you were looking ? , or they were their but 0 to 0 score, or maybe same game waiting to start or something else?
5) when you say " I looked at i score cast and the games are there and they are scored but they are not pulling into iscorecentral or the iscore app."
  • a) where specifically did you " look" to see the games ... e.g. at iscorecast.com my.iscorecentral.com central viewer app, a team web site, or elsewhere?
    b) how did you try and 'pull', trying OPTION > IMPORT Or using OPTION > DATA SHARE > GET FROM WEB > ID and Password.
    c) If using OPTION > DATA SHARE > GET FROM WEB > what IDs did you use?
Game by Game Retrieval Methods
6) What of the three various ways to retrieve games using OPTION > DATA SHARE > GET FROM WEB > ID and Password have you tried ?
  • 1) using straight User ID i.e. 123456789 (found under OPTIONS > ADMIN WEBSITE) pulls from the admin data server at my.iscorecentral.com (populated by OPTION > EXPORT)
    2) using User ID with "sc:" in front of it, i.e. sc:123456789, pulls from the iscorecast.com servers (populated by enabling and broadcasting iscorecasts)
    3) using User ID with "sync:" in front of it i.e. sync:123456789, which pulls from the synchonization servers (enabled under OPTIONS > SYNCHRONIZATION > )

* note1) : Only games not on your device will show up for retrieval. If you have a partial game on your device, (scheduled or in progress, or final) the program will not show as available for retrieval until you remove the game from your device.

* note2): Make sure the ALL LEAGUE is enabled, so that you see all the data on your device,

Post back or email me and we can go to next steps

moderator note: i moved this thread from product updates to issue reporting as more applicable
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1