Change Excel Output from .xls to .xlsx (resolved)

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
ryansaul235

Change Excel Output from .xls to .xlsx (resolved)

Post by ryansaul235 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:45 am

I can no longer pull up the games and stats from my phone when I Email it to myself because it sends the file with the .xls extension. I also have trouble pulling it up on my computer and need to save it first, then pull it up instead of opening it up right from the Email. Is there a way to have iScore change the teamstats to .xlsx instead of .xls? If there is a way to have it be teamstats.xlsx that would solve a lot of issues. Sending it .cvs isn't ideal because you just get it raw and it is in 3 different files instead of one file with three workbooks with hitting, pitching and fielding. Thanks for the help.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Change Excel Output from .xls to .xlsx

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:24 pm

It has now been changed. We updated from the old .xls format to the newer .xlsx format a couple weeks ago to address an issue with the max # of columns (old excel only allowed 250 but we have more stats than that if they are all turned on). We did not change the file extension at the time however. If you email the stats to yourself again, it should now be the updated extension.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs