Pitcher stats importing issue (answered, pending user followup if needed)

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Afjb

Re: Pitcher stats importing issue

Post by Afjb » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 am

Yes, the admin folks at iScore have also been very helpful, especially when I first starting doing these imports. I wish I could do it by league and assign a team in the file but I don't think that's a possibility at this time.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:43 am

@AFJB - I have been helping another user with CSV file imports..viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11420 and learned a couple small things. that i thought you may be interested in - if not already discovered for yourself.

RE: CSV FILE IMPORT TIPS

thought i would share...

a) SEASN STATS GAME
on your device, you have the the special imported game "Season Stats" .... here are a couple tips on it.

a1) GAME DATE/TIME - you mention the special stats game is usually found at the end of your game list. If you like that great, that is the developers default method.

But if you would prefer somewhere else, you can manually edit the Game Schedule, Start and End date/time like any other normal game to force it to sort to desires date/time location. (extra tip: if at game info screen, you can not edit the start/end time.. you simply need to force a game over signal. do this by Play> Undo> Redo> Exit .. this will manually force an internal game over signal to enable the start/end time fields, it will also force data to be automatically added to your option>synchronization dataset)

a2) NAME - you can change the default game name "Season Stats" to what ever you want, the normal method is to do this on the Admin site before import, but if your forget, you can do this on the device at any time by renaming the game just like a normal game

a3) LEAGUE - on your device, you can assign the ''season stats" game to any league(s), just like any other normal game.. but unfortunately no way to do this from the Admin site or the cvs file. (as you noted)

a4) TEAMS - as you noted, the "Team" is not part of the CSV file, it has to be Manually Assigned at time of import on the ADMIN site.

a5) PLAYERS - ideally, you correctly "Map" the csv file players to the desired iscore players in the import process on the Admin Site BUT if you make a mistake, you can reassign the stats to the right player after imported to your device, by Editing the starting line up of the Season Stats games like a normal game.

B) MAPPING
on your computer, when mapping your source data to the target iscore CSV import template in preparation for Admin site import .. some tips

b1) you already know, you can leave some iscore CSV file template columns blank ... but

b2) Did you know you can also remove or re order the iscore CSV file import template columns to match your source data sequence? (as long as you keep the header text the same , you can re order or delete to meet your needs)

why this can help.. If you have multiple games or teams to import from a specific source ( eg APBA, Strat, Game Changer, etc) you can create a source specific template once in the exact order your source produces and use many times - saving you time, and only have to go through the mental field name cross mapping exercise once .
Example, (sorry for detail, hopefully makes sense, hard to format on the forum)

standard iscore CSV template template ( Players in rows, stats in columns,)
(below are the first 12 iscore batting stats, the template contains about 400 for batting, pitching and fielding ) ...
jersey, first_name, last_name, bat_games, bat_seq, bat_pa, bat_runs, bat_bunt_singles, bat_1b, bat_2b, bat_3b, bat_hr

Source data in following sequence.... ( Players in rows, stats in columns,)
Number, Last, First, GP, PA, AB, H, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR

Create a one time source specific cross mapping template, .. End up with a iscore column headers in source data sequence
( note: to prepare this file, I not only reorder the iscore headers to match source sequence, but I also add a special REMOVE placeholder for any source data columns that iscore does not want - example , Hits and AB because iscore calculates vs imports. I also remove any iscore stats the source data does not provide (example below. bat_seq, bat_bunt_singles) . )

Resulting Source Specific Template
jersey, last_name, first_name, bat_games, bat_pa, REMOVE(AB), REMOVE(H), bat_1b, bat_2b, bat_3b, bat_hr

next steps workflow
take a source file, (stats in columns, Players in Rows)
replace source file header row with source specific template header row
manually delete any REMOVE columns,
manually delete any extraneous non player rows (example total)
save new file as CSV
ready for Admin site Import..

hopefully makes sense
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Thanks! That's great info, I appreciate it!