Lineup completely wrong after app crash in middle of game

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
brian.biggs

Lineup completely wrong after app crash in middle of game

Post by brian.biggs » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:22 am

I'm using iScore on an Amazon Fire 7 tablet running Cyanogen 12.1.

The app has crashed in the past on this device, and I was able to quickly restart it and pick up right where I left off in the middle of the game. This has happened maybe 5 times in scoring 20+ games this year. Last night, it crashed, and when I restarted it and went back into the game, the setup was "totally messed up".

Players I had taken out of our starting lineup were in the lineup. The batting order was all out of order, and the opposing team was switched around as well. The starting positions were wrong. A couple players that were in the starting lineup were renamed to some random name (outlaws14, outlaws13, etc.), and I don't believe I have any players with that name in the app and we weren't playing a team by that name.

I understand that the app is going to crash once in a while. I'd prefer it didn't, obviously, but to have it completely mess up the game like that is ridiculous. Is there anything I can do to provide feedback on what might have happened? Or anything I can do to prevent that from occurring in the future.

Luckily we still keep a traditional paper book (for just this reason), or we would have been in serious trouble.
Amazon Kindle Fire 7" 2015 tablet
Running CyanogenMod 12.1
team mom

Re: Lineup completely wrong after app crash in middle of game

Post by team mom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:13 am

app should not be crashing, but I am less familiar with the google version of the app (vs. apple). Could your device be overheating? I had a shutdown once due to overheating which wiped all my data. Fortunately was able to recover from iscore backup and current games (not yet exported) were saved due to iscorecast.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:25 pm

Support will need to weigh in .. But I am guessing it is the fire 7" and cyanogen 12.1

I see numerous call outs on how fire does android a bit different
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:16 am

Very hard for us to be able to troubleshoot issues on the thousands of possible Android devices. If there is a something repeatable that always causes a crash, we can try reproducing it here. Unfortunately when it is random, that is usually some kind of memory related issue and not a code related issue as coding issues would be repeatable doing the same steps every time, and we could fix it.

If you have anything repeatable, please let us know the steps and we will try on a device here.

For your specific case of data getting rearranged after a crash, if you can Export and email support@iscoresports.com with the customer ID and the game, we can take a look at your data to see what we find.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
brian.biggs

Post by brian.biggs » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:37 am

Thanks for the reply.
FTMSupport wrote:Very hard for us to be able to troubleshoot issues on the thousands of possible Android devices. If there is a something repeatable that always causes a crash, we can try reproducing it here. Unfortunately when it is random, that is usually some kind of memory related issue and not a code related issue as coding issues would be repeatable doing the same steps every time, and we could fix it.
I understand you can't troubleshoot thousands of possible Android devices. But it could still be a coding issue, since code doesn't do the same steps every time. It is dependent on the conditions of the data in the game as well. I just wasn't expecting a crash of the app to wipe out so many details of a game that had already been set up. Why would it wipe out or reset my lineup, for instance? Doesn't make any sense. That sounds more like a coding issue than a memory/data issue.
FTMSupport wrote:For your specific case of data getting rearranged after a crash, if you can Export and email support@iscoresports.com with the customer ID and the game, we can take a look at your data to see what we find.
I'll email the customer ID and the game. Maybe you can see something there, but I've already fixed the game, so I don't know that it will yield anything useful for you.
Amazon Kindle Fire 7" 2015 tablet
Running CyanogenMod 12.1