Scorecard lists multiple names per player

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
EagleDad

Scorecard lists multiple names per player

Post by EagleDad » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:08 am

I was scoring a game with the new version last night and noticed the score card
for the other team had almost every line filled with players. Like I sub'd each player
multiple times.

I am sure this is due to how I used the app. I did not have the lineup for the other team
and I changed the batting order as the kids came up.

Thank you!
bsweetser

Re: Scorecard lists multiple names per player

Post by bsweetser » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:09 am

Sounds like maybe you used the substitution feature where a lineup change would have been more appropriate. You can still adjust the lineup after the game has started (though, as I experienced, if you have someone who is not batting listed as batting when the game begins, he/she will still be listed on the scorecard). Seems like maybe it would be best to err on the side of having someone not listed as batting and then add them to the batting lineup.

my 2 cents,
ben
EagleDad

Post by EagleDad » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:16 am

bsweetser wrote:Sounds like maybe you used the substitution feature where a lineup change would have been more appropriate. You can still adjust the lineup after the game has started (though, as I experienced, if you have someone who is not batting listed as batting when the game begins, he/she will still be listed on the scorecard). Seems like maybe it would be best to err on the side of having someone not listed as batting and then add them to the batting lineup.

my 2 cents,
ben
What I did was to go to lineup and adjust the order of the batters as they came up.
I did not choose choose substitute, which is why I thought it was odd.

It did not make much sense.

Thanks,
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:20 am

Ok. I'm as confused as you are then. :shock:
computus

Post by computus » Fri May 01, 2009 12:34 pm

I also noticed this problem. Like the previous poster, I had already entered player names using Team Manager for all the little league teams in our league. On game day, I would start a game, select the teams, and then rearrange the player order for batting. After scoring the game and emailing myself the PDF, I noticed that some players were placed as substitutes rather than have their own “section” on the scorecard. The batting order and stats seemed correct for each player, but they were placed incorrectly on the card.

I sure would like to see this fixed.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 pm

We are aware of these issues, and are working on a fix.

The best way to be sure this does not happen is to make sure the lineups are entered correctly before pressing the "Play!" button. Changes after Play! is pressed are considered to be during the game. We realize this is not always possible, and are still ironing out some issues on the scorecard when actual lineup changes (as opposed to substitutions) are made after the game starts.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Sumie

Post by Sumie » Thu May 07, 2009 8:21 am

I noticed the same problem and the issue duplicated itself in multiple games - but then I noted that in my team roster when I set the team up, one player was not there so I marked under batting as "no"... but in the games being played after that date, I corrected the batting toggle for that player as "yes" in the actual game lineup (because the player showed up)...I was frustrated by the scorecard showing multiple player names and I was deteremined to find out what I did wrong. I noted, the problem happen to appear in all players from that player to all the players below him in the lineup of that game as well as the following games...so I figure that might be the root of the problem - I switched the batting toggle in the team roster to "yes", and the problem did not repeat in any game afterwards.

I hope my experience helps you identify and solve this issue.