keeping scores of the same team, different rosters,

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
sfheroes

keeping scores of the same team, different rosters,

Post by sfheroes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:46 pm

Hello,

so this could be something i just don't know how

but what would be the best way to keep last year's stats clean and then do this year's separately?
More importantly, if we have a different roster this year from last year, can I still have the players from last year still be in the stats etc but not show up this year?

hmm.. I'm not sure if I' m explaining myself well..

We are one team and we also started the team web page.

We want to have last year's stats on the website.
But I want to keep 2010 stats separate. Can we keep them separate by assigning different leagues or something?

And then, the roster. As I re worked on the roster for this year, the players who played last year but don't play this year disappeared from the site. And of course, those players disappeared from the stats too which we dont want to happen.

Am I making sense?

Hope you know the solution!

thank you
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: keeping scores of the same team, different rosters,

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Yes, Leagues are the way to keep the stats separate from year to year. You would enable only the league you want to view through League Manager. The Team Website allows you to pick the League you want to view by default.

The team website will only show players listed in the roster.

If you want the team website to be for a different set of players, you would have to create a new team. The individual player stats would still be cumulative (i.e. if you select the same players on a second team, you would be able to see that player's stats on their player card no matter which team they are on).

The easiest approach is probably to leave inactive players on the roster and just move them to the end of the Roster in Team Manager.
OhioTex

Re: keeping scores of the same team, different rosters,

Post by OhioTex » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:05 pm

Tip..on Leagues and Team Web Site. be sure both teams (by team manager) and games (by game maanger) are assigned to the right leagues to enable selection and filtering on web site