Game Sheet PDF does not list Home or Visitor

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Jleith

Game Sheet PDF does not list Home or Visitor

Post by Jleith » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:56 pm

Hello All,

I have done about 20 games with Iscore and it is getting easier each time.

We have been asked to keep a hard copy of the score sheet. So I print it off and place it in a ring binder.

The main issue is when I add the game into Iscore it asks for the Home Team and the Visitors names. Now when you "PLay" you add the lineups as Visitor & Home.

??? Why is it when the game sheet is sent as the PDF at the end of the game the game sheet does not list HOME or VISITOR on the corresponding game sheet. In the hard copy at the top line you list the teams Home or Visitor.

I have to hand write the info on the print out.

Yes you can get the state by the file name ( Team 1 at Team 2 ).
Team 1 is Visitor
Team 2 is Home.

John
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Game Sheet PDF does not list Home or Visitor

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:33 am

It is an interesting question, but we just followed tradition in this regard. If you look at the scorecard books that are typically used, they do not show home or visitor either - it just says team name. (We searched images.google.com to check this on a variety of scorecards). We will add the suggestion to our enhancement list. Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Jleith

Re: Game Sheet PDF does not list Home or Visitor

Post by Jleith » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:37 am

Hello Iscore,

Yes you are 100 % correct. I have been scoring for 35 years and used mostly the Score Master books.

The book that we find in Vancouver Canada is the 16 Batting ( Baseball / Softball score book supplied by our local sporting goods stores.

The Scorebook from Google search is "Loucks Baseball scorebook" it is one that "Prostock Athletics supply ltd" places their company name on the scorebook.

The indication on each page in a check box for Home / Visitor. I could send you a image but I can't post it in this message.

I can see from the Iscore score sheet is portart and ScoreMaster and others are landscape.

If Iscore could adjust the header maybe like this.
Team: Yankees Game: DATE Yankees vs Dodgers Runs: Hits:
# Players Pos Inn 1 2 3 4 ......

Just move the "Game Date over so it lines up above Positions.

If possible double the font for the Team Name so it stands out a little more.

John