Issue with Courtesy Runner

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
caronna

Issue with Courtesy Runner

Post by caronna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:54 am

I have noticed on a couple occasions the following:

1. In the 3rd inning Player #1 Kyle comes in the game for #2 Thomas as a Courtesy Runner
2. In the 4th inning Player #1 Kyle subs in for #3 David

In the pitch-by-pitch it shows the following under Substitution:
#2 Thomas in for #1 Kyle (Incorrect - Kyle was only a Courtesy Runner)
#1 Kyle in for #3 David (Correct)
#2 Thomas in for #1 Kyle as Catcher (Incorrect - Kyle was never in as a Catcher)
#1 Kyle in for #3 David as Third Baseman (Correct)

The only substitution was #1 Kyle in for #3 David. Somehow iScore gets confused with the Courtesy Runner and Substitution with those two players (in this case player #1 & #2)

Is this a bug or did I record something incorrectly?

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Issue with Courtesy Runner

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:59 am

To do a courtesy runner, you tap the runner, and there is a "Courtesy Runner" option that you would tap. If that is what you are using, then it should be correct. If you are doing it any other way, it would be a substitution.

If you are using the Courtesy Runner option and seeing the results you describe, then we would like to take a look at your database. If you can do an Options->Export, and email us your customer ID to support@iscorecentral.com, and describe the situation again in the email, we will take a look.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
caronna

Post by caronna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:11 am

Yes, I am using the Courtesy Runner Option.

I am exporting the data now and will send an email as you suggested once it's completed.

Thanks for the quick replies!
caronna

Post by caronna » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:02 pm

I have tried four times to Export my data, each time getting an "Unsuccessful - The data could not be exported".

I have Export successfully many times in the past, with the last time being 2-3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:52 pm

the obvious tip is to check your internet connection. . I assume you have done that.
(I just did an export and their servers are working)

the other tip, is to be sure your unit does not go into sleep mode. i have a number of games scored, so takes a while to transmit, if my unit goes into sleep mode, it sometimes fails to export, so i try and make sure the unit does not go black while tansmitting. .
caronna

Post by caronna » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:49 am

Thanks OhioTex.

It may have been my connection in the building I was in, but it showed full strength and I was able to get to the internet... Anyhow, I tried again later when I got home and it went through on the first try. I had tried at least 7-8 times unsuccessfully.

I sent an email to support to have them look at my data to see what's going on. I'll wait to hear back.

Thanks...