Minor Issue with Undo / Redo

If you are having an issue with iScore Baseball, please post it here and we will try and find solutions so everybody will be aware of them.
Joe Siegler

Minor Issue with Undo / Redo

Post by Joe Siegler » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Tonight I was scoring out the Rangers / Astros game, and ran across a minor issue relative to the undo / redo functions. It didn't seem to break anything, just a minor visual oddity, but still, since I noticed it I thought I would pass it on.

This was around the 7th inning somewhere, so it was the third at bat for the guy this occurred on. He had a spray chart for this game at the start of the at bat. I marked a strike for the first pitch, and then I wanted to go back and look at the spray chart again, so I hit undo.

It brought up the spray chart. As the second pitch hadn't happened yet, I figured I would just hit redo to put the strike back. It did do that, but it didn't clear the spray chart. It remained there. It would go away if I hit undo again, and added a strike manually.

However, it appears that if you hit undo to bring the spray chart back up, that the redo button doesn't clear the spray chart.

Thought I'd pass it on.

NOTE: This is iOS8 on an iPad 3 ("The New iPad" - haha, remember that name?) - 32Gb Cellular model.
team mom

Re: Minor Issue with Undo / Redo

Post by team mom » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:16 am

To remove the spray chart from the scoring screen just tap the field to the right of the diamond. initial spray chart is hits for game. Tap once and it shows all hits for that player. Tap again and spray chart disappears. You can start the cycle over by tapping the screen again.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Joe Siegler

Post by Joe Siegler » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:27 am

That's fine, but.. If undo will put the spray chart back up, then logically it seems that redo should remove it. That's my entire argument right there.
LarryKoch

Post by LarryKoch » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:43 pm

I always use the method Team Mom suggests because I may want to see the spray chart after several pitches have been recorded. I don't want to undo then redo multiple times so I just tap the area to the right of the diamond to display the chart. I usually leave it displayed until the next pitch or I can tap it again to hid it.