STAT QUALIFIERS

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Lets Play 2 Today

STAT QUALIFIERS

Post by Lets Play 2 Today » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:01 pm

I don't see any ability in the app to do this, but we'd like to be able to apply a qualifier to primarily hitting, but also pitching so players who only play a few games with the team don't sit at the top of the batting average sort, era sort, etc.

An example is the situation where a player fills-in and plays a game or two and as a result winds up with the highest batting average on the team. At that point they appear to be leading the team for the rest of the year. I'm guessing the suggestion would be to deactivate the player(?) but we're not looking to remove the player and stats, just not make it appear as though they have the highest batting average when they only have a few at bats versus 100+ for other players.

Our concern is primarily with the display of stats on the iscore team website.

Thanks
OhioTex

Re: STAT QUALIFIERS

Post by OhioTex » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:52 am

You can already control this with team roster and leagues.

A player only shows up on team web site if on your TEAM MANAGER roster ..

You can pick up a player for a weekend have them on the game lineup but not add them to team roster and they won't be part of web roster and web stats

There are also players I keep on my TEAM MANAGER roster ( example play up Jv player) but I group in special leagues ( eg expanded roster league).

I enable user to pick leagues on web site and set the default league to Varsity Roster league . I assign only those everyday varsity players to that league . Thus only everyday varsity players show as default on web site. I also have leagues for regular season and post season and special tournaments . Enable the user to see what ever groupings you define

Of course on the device you have to create the leagues in league manager and assign the players, games and teams to their leagues as appropriate . And then option export to update the web site
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:42 pm

We also added a configuration if you go to Settings on a team website, log in as the Administrator, select Stat Settings. You will see some options for qualifiers for batting, pitching, and fielding.

We are working on an issue with the sorting (clicking on the columns) when you have non-qualifiers, but the default will look correct right now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Lets Play 2 Today

Post by Lets Play 2 Today » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:13 pm

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for - thanks!

Looking forward to the sort working as expected.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:13 pm

The sorting is now working properly... "non qualifiers" remain in alphabetical order at end of list.
Lets Play 2 Today

Post by Lets Play 2 Today » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 am

I see it is alphabetical, but wouldn't it work best if it was sorted based on the column sort in effect? So if the qualifiers are sorted by batting average, the non-qualifiers should be sorted by batting average as well. If the sort is changed to hits for instance, both the qualifiers section and non-qualifiers section should be sorted by hits.

The column sorts still don't work at this point.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:25 am

Column sorts do work, but we found that you may need to clear your browser cache to get the updated code for sorting.

Sorting by anything other than alphabetically kind of defeats the purpose of separating. We would get into a situation where people want secondary and tertiary non-qualifiers because the 1 for 1 pinch hitter would be at the top of the group and the guy that missed qualifying by 1 would be further down the list.
Lets Play 2 Today

Post by Lets Play 2 Today » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:43 am

I understand what you're saying and I like the fact that the non-qualifiers are visible without having to select them, but I like that MLB.com allows you to sort both the qualifiers and non-qualifiers.
Lets Play 2 Today

Post by Lets Play 2 Today » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Would it be possible to get tip text for all of the stat columns on the team website?

Some examples: LOBB, LOH, 123, 16P+, Str, PIT, GB%, LD%, PU%, FB%, S%, SV, OBPE, RC, XBH, TB, SCB, SF

I know some are obvious, but they might not be as obvious to some of the parents and the tip text is easier than the legend.

A real good one would be for the QAB stats since those can be customized. It'd be great to see what was a QAB as we admins have defined it.
mikenc

Post by mikenc » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:41 pm

The stat qualifiers are a great addition!