Manually adjust pitch counts, or add coach pitch option

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
iscorebaseball

Manually adjust pitch counts, or add coach pitch option

Post by iscorebaseball » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:30 am

Hi,

I would like to request an additional feature.
Our league allows coach pitch after ball 4, but only when bases are loaded, so I can't use the "Coach Pitch on Walk option as is.
In general, I would prefer to just leave the "Coach Pitch on Walk" option off, and be able to manually adjust the pitch counts.
Can you please add a feature to manually adjust pitch counts, or if not, please add the coach pitch with bases loaded option?

Thanks
bmakj

Re: Manually adjust pitch counts, or add coach pitch option

Post by bmakj » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:00 pm

I would second this request, we only do coach pitch on bases loaded 4 ball counts. several other leagues in our area do the same, so it is probably a worthwhile development. would really like to be able to track the number of 4 ball counts my pitchers throw, regardless of if 1B was awarded or opposing coach came in to pitch.
bmakj

Post by bmakj » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 pm

actually my request would be to allow coach pitch to be used only for bases loaded walks as an option. would really simplify everything (pitching stats, ie Ks, BBs. pitch count, etc.), and would let you see which opposing pitchers were allowing hits, etcl (useful for all star voting) vs getting a little wild and hits coming off meatballs served up by coaches (including me).
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:51 pm

iScore has the coach pitch on walk option built in under settings. We do not have it "only for bases loaded" - this is the first time we have had this request. We will add it to our enhancement list. One workaround might be to manually set the coach pitch on walk option any time you have a bases loaded situation, and be sure to undo it when it is no longer bases loaded.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
paulbolejack

Post by paulbolejack » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:12 am

My league uses coach pitch on 4th ball after 3 walks or HBP for each inning. So you may want to have multiple coach pitch on walk options: on bases loaded, after X walks (include HBP), etc. Or provide a simple toggle setting that says "Ask before walking batter on balls?" If you set this to "yes" then after the configured number of balls, the app would ask "Does the runner walk?"
nineballer26

Post by nineballer26 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:05 am

Our league has coach pitch, and if the player hours the batter, it becomes coach pitch.

Is there a way to have in the option coach pitch after hit by pitch?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:50 am

We do not have an option for coach pitch after hit by pitch, but you could put in a comment saying hit by pitch, and then enter the number of balls to make coach pitch kick in (assuming you have set up the coach pitch setting).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs