New list of requests, after 1.50.14

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jdonato

New list of requests, after 1.50.14

Post by jdonato » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:45 pm

Hi all
Again, this App is AWESOME.

This is a list of things I believe still need addressing or that I would like to see in iScore:

1- Switch batters don't show correctly (they always appear as batting right handed, no matters who is pitching)
2- Be able to assign Win/Lose/Save to Pitchers (and I hope it can be retroactive to games already entered, or allow to manually change the cumulative stat, if not it would be a shame, and would force to enter games again...)
3- Show cumulative average (on main screen) for players at bat.
4- Show pitch detail for current at bat (balls, strikes and total)

Thanks for a great app and keep up the good work!!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: New list of requests, after 1.50.14

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:51 pm

We will add these to the list.

We have #1 and #2 on our list already.

Added #3 to our list.

Not quite sure what you mean on #4... we show the balls/strikes for the current at bat - are you asking to see the total so you know how many foul balls were hit? (as an fyi... the scorecard shows balls/strikes/and foul balls for each at bat).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks for the fast response, as always.

For the pitch total I'll explain: Right now, I can see the total pitch count for the pitcher (nice), but I would like to see the total pitch count for the current at bat, for those pitcher-batter duels, to check if this is the 7, 8 or 9 pitch of this specific at bat.

About the Win/Lose/Save situation, do you know if we would have any way (or be able) of adding that info to games ALREADY scored? I would not want to enter 20 or 30 games, and then find out that my pitcher W/L stat is way off, without being able to fix it.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Thank you for clarifying the pitch count request. As noted, we DO show the full pitch info on the new Scorecard (shows the pitch # for balls/strikes, and little "x"s for any fouls when there were already 2 strikes), but we will add showing it on the scoring screen as an enhancement for an upcoming release.

For win/lose/save, we will likely make this editable when we add it as there are so many rules involved for various leagues in determining winning/losing pitchers and whether a save is given to a pitcher, it would be very difficult (if not impossible) to make this completely automated. We will likely make iScore take an educated guess based on common rules, but then allow you to override that on a "game wrap up" screen.

Thank you again for the requests.
Phantom Sage

Post by Phantom Sage » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:23 pm

I second the motion. That is a good situational stat to know. Not only that, but a great historical stat that a coach wants to know when creating his batting lineups for future games.

When you have a player that sees the ball well and can get many looks for the rest of the bench - and drive the pitcher crazy by elevating the pitchers pitch count, well then you have found a great lead-off hitter.

Generally you know who this player is, but in LL, with streaks and such or a game that your primary lead-off hitter cannot attend, it would be great to be able to look at the charts and see who jumps off the page in this category.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:53 pm

We have added it to our list, but I just want to point out one more time so it is not lost that the scoresheet actually shows all pitches to all batters. Here is a little clip from an actual game I scored for my daughter's softball that shows a very tough batter. In the first at bat, she went to full count before walking (then got called out for leaving the base early - that is the LBE designation). In the second at bat, she actually had 6 pitches before striking out (the x's represent foul balls). You can see the order of pitches as well.

jdonato

Post by jdonato » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks for the info. I do appreciate all your efforts in satisfying every little thing we want to see in the app. Having the pitch count in the scorecard is great, specially for after-the-game analysis, but it would be nice to see it without leaving the main screen.

(On another note, I have been meaning to write to all users about the need to read the boards before asking questions. It seems that there are a lot of repeat request/questions going around, and each one you guys answer is less time you have to create and improve on this great app (and others ;) ). I know you excel at customer support, but we should contribute also, and not "waste" your time. Maybe if you can create a "sticky" topic asking users to read or search to see if their questions have already been addressed...)
sportsdoc

Post by sportsdoc » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:05 am

I like the features of the new upgrade. Especially the scorebook view.

Now, having said that, I think that it could be even better. I am looking at this from not only a score keeping, but also a scouting aspect. Therefore:

1) Pitch entry/view screen
A) It would be very helpful to to have additional information on the pitch scatter plot as to what pitch relates to each number on the plot.
Example: Pitch 1 = Fastball/Strike, Pitch 2 = Curveball/Ball, etc.
Maybe this could be done as a list view next to or below the plot. Or possibly, list the pitches and when you select one, it shows up on the scatter plot as to the location. This would be more helpful if you were only concerned about which pitches resulted in strikes on that batter. This would be helpful to be able to look back at previous at bats in a game (or from a previous game if you are planning ahead and facing the same opponents). I'm thinking that this would be great as a new page under statistics. Maybe even a new screen that could be flipped to and a "batter history" be available.

B) Is there a quicker way to select which pitch was thrown rather than hitting the up-down arrows? How about a drop down or pop up menu similar to one used when changing players at a defensive position?

C) The same may work for pitch speed.

2) At bat entry question
There is no button for advanced on throw (or just a button that says advanced). He really was not advanced by a batter. Not sure how or if this affects your stats part of the program.

Overall, I love what i see thus far.

Doc
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am

Thank you for the suggestions. We have several enhancements planned around the pitching chart data.

Your suggestions in 1A sounds great.

For 1B and 1C, we are planning on changing the speed and pitch type selection so they will be one click selections instead of having to scroll through lists (we wrote about it somewhere else in the forum). We are playing with a few ideas to make this happen.

For #2, I often just use "Defensive Indifference" for a player advancing during a throw if it is not a Stolen Base or an Error. Like if a batter hits a single, and there was a runner on first, that runner advances to 3rd, and the fielders are trying to make a play on that runner, then the batter may advance to 2nd on Defensive Indifference because of the throw to 3rd.

If people have other suggestions on how that should be scored, please let us know.

Thank you.
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:41 pm

I had the same question and, besides adding a button labeled "Throw" or "On Throw" to the runner status window, I am also looking for suggestions. Don't know how it is scored.