add Line Score to Excel Game Stats email (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
galaxystream

add Line Score to Excel Game Stats email (future.feature.request)

Post by galaxystream » Thu May 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Currently the export that is sent in Excel Format is good but it doesn't include the Line Score. Can you guys modify the export so the Line Score is also included in a separate tab? Currently the excel has 6 tabs (3 for visitors & 3 for home for batting, fielding,pitching)

Also the Excel File is named "gamestats.xls" Can you use the games date and visiting & home team name in the file so we can refer to the games easily instead of renaming it after we download it? Ex. May-15-2014-visitingTeam-vs-homeTeam.xls ?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Email Export Enhancement

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. We will not likely be changing the name of the attachment as some people are using automated processes to take the attachments and do things with them. If we changed the name of the attachments, it would break their processing. When you save the attachments, you can certainly use Save As to do whatever naming convention you like however.

The line score is available in the HTML that is emailed, but we will consider adding it to a page in the Excel spreadsheet in a future update as well.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
galaxystream

Post by galaxystream » Thu May 15, 2014 1:11 pm

Thank you for the quick reply. Ok...totally understand on the naming as it would impact others.

Yes the line score is there on html but if you include it as extra tab, I can automate my process to input that details to my site as well.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu May 15, 2014 10:26 pm

As an fyi... if you use an optional iScore Team Website, you can embed the stats pages, box scores, etc right in your own website as well as IFRAMEs. Saves having to do manual processing from the emails and copying to another site (sounds like that may be what you are doing).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
galaxystream

Post by galaxystream » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:26 pm

I am still hoping that you guys will include the line score in the excel file that is sent via email. If you can add another tab for LINESCORE, it would save us lot of time importing the stats to our sites. The addition of new tab shouldn't impact existing users as this will not change existing names etc.

Can you please add this...I've been waiting for last 2 years :-)