Sub League/Tournament

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
dshedrick

Sub League/Tournament

Post by dshedrick » Mon May 12, 2014 10:26 am

We currently use new leagues for each season and for each tournament played during that season. This allows us to view the stats from 1 tournament or a collection of all the tournaments. I was wondering if you can add a sub season/tournament contained within the overall season. These "sub-leagues" could be indented under the the overall league/season.

for example:
2014 Baseball Spring Season
--->USSSA Summer Blast
--->USSSA Summer World Series

Thoughts?
team mom

Re: Sub League/Tournament

Post by team mom » Mon May 12, 2014 11:30 am

I like this idea. But as you probably know, leagues are not a 1-1 relationship. To get around this I have a 2013-2014 league, a league for Fall, a league for Spring, a league for each tourney, a league for last 4 tourneys, etc. Games may be in multiples leagues so you can create the groupings you want. Your suggestion would simplify things however.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
dshedrick

Post by dshedrick » Tue May 13, 2014 4:36 am

Correct.

I'm looking for a cleaner way to display a tournament (league) that is within a season (league). Right now, when you look at the leagues, it's in alphabetical order. It would be nice if the master leagues/seasons were listed w/ the sub leagues (tournaments) beneath it. This would be more cosmetic, since you can a game can be in multiple leagues.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Tue May 13, 2014 6:36 am

I make a League for each one I need each season.

So, if I play in Tourney XYZ every year, I have:

2012 Tourney XYZ
2013 Tourney XYZ
2014 Tourney XYZ

I would also have an "All Games" for each season:

2012 All Games
2013 All Games
2014 All Games

I put a leading "z" in front of previous years leagues to keep my current year leagues at the top of the list.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are wanting the leagues to operate with "AND" logic, where they currently operate with "OR" logic. This has been discussed before. This would allow for simply a "Tourney XYZ" league, that could be coupled with the "201x All Games" for whichever year you wanted, as opposed to having "20xx Tourney XYZ" for every year.

I dont disagree that it could be a little cleaner this way, but want to make sure you are aware it can be done currently (which it sounds like you know).

edit: Here is an old thread that I just dug up that probably gives a better example of what I was trying to convey and what I think the OP is asking for:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3603&p=16608&hilit= ... gic#p16608" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
dshedrick

Post by dshedrick » Wed May 14, 2014 5:32 am

Right we do the same thing (w/o the leading Z). We keep a book for 3 separate teams (2 travel and 1 middle school). We separate them into separate leagues and for the travel we use a league for each tournament, while the season league has all tournament games selected.

For Example:
2014 Fastpitch Spring/Summer <-- All tournament games selected for the current year
USSSA Girls Love Diamonds m/d/y - m/d/y <--- Only games for this tournament are selected
ASA Bring the Heat m/d/y - m/d/y

2014 Baseball Spring/Summer
Triple Crown Border Wars m/d/y - m/d/y
USSSA Beast of the East m/d/y - m/d/y

2014 Middle School

As you know, the leagues are alphabetical. I can use a leading A for fast pitch and B for baseball, but it's not a very clean solution. A cleaner look would be sub leagues under the master league. You should still be able to select which league (or sub league) you want active for stat purposes and game scoring. In short an AND/OR function would be great, but the key is how the leagues are displayed.

The app works great now, but I think this would be a plus for advanced users. It could even be an option you enable or disable.
iklimon

Post by iklimon » Fri May 16, 2014 8:26 am

I would like to second this suggestion. I would also like to understand more about the "season" feature now available under Team Management. You can accomplish everything that you want to as it stands now, but its inelegant.

IanK

:)
Ian Klimon
Slammers Black 13U Major
http://www.slammersbaseball.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
70clcl

Post by 70clcl » Fri May 16, 2014 10:56 am

This sounds similar to a request I made 3 years ago: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3603" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still think this would help greatly!! Since submitting the request the number of leagues I find myself maintaining is almost unmanageable.