Little league lineup card

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
bstreet2

Little league lineup card

Post by bstreet2 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:22 pm

I manage my sons little league minor team. We have to rotate kids every inning or so. I would like to see an option to preset the lineup each inning. With the ability to edit each inning as needed. For example a kid doesn't show up, get sick, leaves early, arrives late, etc. Our park has rules about rotation to different positions as well as mandatory playing time rules.

I usually make a lineup card inning by inning. Then I will annouce positions before each inning. This will save time allowing me to have my lineup preset and make minor changes instead of re-entering the whole lineup after each inning. I know its minor but would help little leagur coaches out.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Little league lineup card

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I like this suggestion... my daughter's softball coach essentially does the same thing... I have added it to the list for future enhancements.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Phantom Sage

Re: Little league lineup card

Post by Phantom Sage » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:47 pm

This is one of the best suggestions yet.

I use an excel sheet with several error-trapping calculations that help when it comes to constructing a lineup for position placements for these same reasons; tracking max sit rules, how many times in infield vs. outfield and simply making sure I have only one player at each position or no position uncovered.

And, after spending all of that time, I get to the field with my fancy color-coded excel printout to find just the scenario you stated where someone is late or never shows up.

True value will be realized by having relevant and reliable fielding stats; because in LL, position changes almost every inning is often too time consuming to keep up with.

If you are able to handle this in a future release, that would be awesome. I don't believe it has been attempted by any other developer - here or back in the PC, MAC, PALM, or PPC worlds.