Pitch speckle chart

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
NCTitan

Pitch speckle chart

Post by NCTitan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Not sure if you can add this to the pitch speckle chart but here is my idea. When the pitch is either a ball or strike, having a couple of buttons to indicate if the hitter either "took" or "Swung" at the pitch. The paper chart I use has TAKE, SWING or "I" for In play that you mark after each pitch.

Thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Pitch speckle chart

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:38 pm

We have that on our list of enhancements already... we were thinking of color coding the "ball" on the speckle chart in some way as well since it does not tell the whole story. It certainly shows pitcher tendencies in it's current forum, but you can not see for example if a ball outside the strike area was actually a strike because a batter swung at it, or if one inside the strike area was called a ball --- those umps sure need glasses at my kids' games sometimes. :)

Thank you for the suggestions.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Rhinorobbo

Post by Rhinorobbo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:06 pm

When using (entering data) the pitching speckle chart, from what perspective (the pitcher or the batter) do you show where the pitches went? ... by this I mean do you takew the view that I am scoring from behind the batter and show where the pitches went or do I take the angle from behind the pitcher?

What ever perspective I take will always stay that way but what do others out there do?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:10 pm

The perspective right now is intended to be as though you are the catcher (or behind the catcher). In a future version, we are going to allow you to set the perspective in case you are sitting in center field, or at some other angle that makes a catcher view confusing.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs