Android and iOS

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
HenryKR

Android and iOS

Post by HenryKR » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:41 am

I appreciate that Android and iOS are different platforms, but why can't both apps have the same functionality?

Some features we ask for in droid are already in iOS or vice versa.

I think it will make life easier for users that read the manual, tech support. In the manual I read about freezing the play clock due to a rain out, but when I come on the forum its an iOS option not on the droid.

Because we are being forced not only to evaluate scoring apps, but also which platform....... and anyone that coaches, knows you don't have that much free time.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Android and iOS

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:42 am

Eventually all features will be on all platforms, but we have limited resources to do the development, and platforms each have their own limitations. We prioritize all of our work based on a variety things with a heavy emphasis on customer demand.

You will also find features in the Android version that are not currently in the iOS version as well.

Many times the tradeoff is to create a new feature that is requested a lot (for example, we recently added the enhanced reporting features in team stats to both platforms) vs adding a feature that is in one platform and not the other, but only requested occasionally (such as rain delay).

For rain delay on Android, you can just add a note saying the game has been delayed, and exit the scoring screen and resume scoring the game at any time.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
team mom

Re: Android and iOS

Post by team mom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:27 am

I think they meant that new high demand requests would take priority over trying to equalize the differences between the different platforms.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs