Iscorecast live

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
seahawks51

Iscorecast live

Post by seahawks51 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:42 pm

Would like to be able to let people watching a game on iscorecast live that the game was ended early
because of rain, lightning, time limit, ....... if game was to start at 6:30 and umps are running late.
In all a way to let people know what is going on...... rain delay ect.

Thanks,
Mike

Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!
danmcc

Re: Iscorecast live

Post by danmcc » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm not 100% certain but I believe in game notes show up on the score cast. You can make a note for views to follow the delay's.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Yes notes show on iscorecast...
ScottReyes

Post by ScottReyes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 pm

First Year User, LOVE this App. I've shown it to other coaches, and they're floored at how awesome it is. To get those types of stats off a very easy input interface...best thing to come to a diamond since carbon fiber!

A few ideas to improve iScorecast:

1) Other than Play, add Rewind, Fast Forward, and maybe a progress bar.

2) Redraw the UI. While I like the concept of the old-style scoreboard, too much real-estate is being consumed by the "iScore Baseball" logo. The Field area could be made so much bigger if moved up.

3) Can the Diamond overlay the scoreboard more, so that the outfield fence is directly touching Black play-back area?

4) Adding Player Pictures of who's At-Bat would be a nice to have. Think of Yankee Stadium, when Jeter gets to bat, the scoreboards show his picture, his stats, etc...

5) ANIMATIONS!!! As suggested above, the baseball hit location is so tiny, it's missed. And that's on my 10" Android tablet. MAybe add little cartoon players. When there's a Strike, animate the toon. Show them advancing bases. Draw the same Hit Locations in the App in Scorecast, but animate it showing it originating from Home. If there's a 4-3 Ground-Out recorded, show the dotted line to the location, and animate the 2nd baseman throwing out the runner at first. Fireworks during Homeruns. Lots you can do here.

6) I love the sounds. You can just faintly make out the 'Pepsi! Pepsi Here!'...awesome...unless he's saying 'Taxi'... Anyway, for Homeruns, cheering needs to last a little longer. And, as stated above, fireworks... maybe the occaisonal organ music. Maybe Bob Sheppard announcing: 'Now Batting, number 12, John Torkos'. Umpire's voice has to get much meaner. Sounds like a tentative 17 year old calling girls softball...no offense to whoever you sampled.

7) When game is complete, show scorecard. Show option to go Team Website, if purchased through iScore.

8) Instead of just 'Substitution', show position, who went out, who went in. And animate it on field.

Again, these are just suggestions to elevate it to God-like status. As is, it's already incredible.
danmcc

Post by danmcc » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:24 am

Improvements for iScorecast is on FTM's to do list. With the rollout of android and other improvements score cast has not been at the top of the list but it is moving up.
Your suggestions are good and i'm sure FTM will take them into consideration.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 am

ScottReyes wrote:.
..best thing to come to a diamond since carbon fiber!
lets hope iscore does not get ban like composite bats
Danger

Post by Danger » Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:20 am

I echo everything ScottReyes suggested and also suggest:

Make the text boxes larger on the play-by-play. The text description on almost everything that is "in play" gets cut off, both underneath the scoreboard and especially on the pitch-by-pitch to the right of the scoreboard. I know there's a scrollbar, but trying to communicate that to grandparents watching at home when they can barely figure out how to find the game in the first place is problematic. It would be great to just make it fit to start with.
tigerbrud

Post by tigerbrud » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am

Another vote here for an option to view in game stats for each team. Perhaps you could provide a tab that could be clicked for each team's stats to display.