HR for an Out

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Threet76

HR for an Out

Post by Threet76 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:03 pm

For slowpitch softball we need a HR for an out category. So it keeps the HR stat, but you are able to record the out for when you are over your homerun limit.
OhioTex

Re: HR for an Out

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm

This has been raised before..and on DevElopers list for future consideration..

For those leagues, out other, and notes, seems to be the best interim solution..

Less than ideal, but about all I can suggest
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Would it still be counted as a Homerun in stats? It seems to us that it would not. It would be an out. Does not seem you can have both. It is another way of making an out, but is not a homerun for statistics. OhioTex's suggestion of Out, Other, and a note would be the way we would score it for now.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 pm

(I need to do some more research on ASA slow pitch rules, but i see it as more of a out type statistic than a hit type statistic. it is a unique rule.. there are definitely home run limit rules in many slow pitch leagues. and would be interesting to track. like number of ground outs, fly outs, strike outs etc .. interesting.