Android 2.0 Version?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
OhioTex

Re: Android 2.0 Version?

Post by OhioTex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:43 am

I would not expect an Android version anytime soon.

(note I am not an official FTM spokesperson, just a board member /end user, I do not have any insider knowledge but ....

As posted on this forum, I am not aware of FTM making any announcement that they are developing iScore products for any other platform at this time other than for iPad and iPhone/iTouch -- let alone any timing announcements. That said, They have traditionally not made any pre announcements on timing before an app is submited to Apple for approval. They have said in this board, that they continue to work to evolve published programs for baseball and basketball and team websites and are working on new sports apps (e.g football, ...) But none have been given definitive timetables. They seem to continually evalute what devices to support and sports to pursue based on multiple criteria.
souljerr

Post by souljerr » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:52 am

OhioTex wrote:I would not expect an Android version anytime soon.

(note I am not an official FTM spokesperson, just a board member /end user, I do not have any insider knowledge but ....
Hey don't kill our hopes :cry: Hopefully they recognize the demand and will get us android users something sooner rather than later. If not, this gives me one more reason to get an iPad.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:28 am

Just the practical reality..

Although it is $$$, if you are committed to score a lot of games (and ideally able to sit in the shade), the iPad interface is GREAT for this application. Truly no substitute for screen real estate. ATT may not be the most desired cell provider, but for 15$/month they do offer service no contract required, can turn/off month to month.

There are folks who have invested in the iPad just for the iScore software. - it is an option.
souljerr

Post by souljerr » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:29 pm

Sorry to take this thread off topic but I'm hoping the rumors are true and the iPad is coming to Verizon. Then, I'll be a happy camper.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 pm

That is not a rumor... both Apple and Verizon have confirmed that Verizon will be selling the iPad. Here is a link on Apple's site confirming it:

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/10 ... rizon.html
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
souljerr

Post by souljerr » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Excellent! That could make my decision a little easier for me. Still would like to see it on Android though. :D
PetroGuy

Post by PetroGuy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:50 pm

It will be a WiFi only iPad. Verizon will be bundling it with their MiFi Hotspot.
Check out the iScore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
vesthj

Post by vesthj » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:26 pm

All, I am in for the Droid!! Love the IScore but hate AT&T.
souljerr

Post by souljerr » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 am

Maybe the iScore developers have just been waiting for Android 3.0 - Honeycomb!
ksm323s

Post by ksm323s » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:19 pm

I would love to have this app for my Android