Android 2.0 Version?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Murz

Re: Android 2.0 Version?

Post by Murz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 pm

I’m gonna throw another vote in for an Android version. I’m not sure how closely you devs are watching Android sales but they are past the point of taking off... Verizon just announced the "Droid Incredible" as the newest Droid phone being offered by them, its release date is April 29th. I don’t have them handy, but there are a ton of Android sales stats all over the internet proving that the iPhone isn’t the only kid on the block anymore. Considering that there are zero working baseball scoring apps for android available I would assume you guys would rake in the sales if you put one out.

Your app is amazing. I personally know at least 10 coaches with Android phones that would pay top dollar for your app as soon as it hits the market. Please spread the love that is iScore.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:47 pm

We watch the sales very closely, but there is still no comparison. The iPhone + iPod + iPad market is now over 85 million devices. To the best of our knowledge, total Android sales are a few million devices (< 5% of iDevice market). If someone has better numbers on Android sales, we would love to see them.

That being said, we are considering doing an Android version --- we have definitely been hearing from the community. If/when we move beyond the iDevice market, Android will likely be next.

Thank you.
Murz

Post by Murz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:17 pm

I understand 85 million vs. 5 million is a huge difference, but I would think that you guys would still wanna get a hack at those other 5 million considering that those possible customers have no option for the service you guys provide at the moment. Even a fraction of a percent of 5 million would be worth it in my opinion. But I’m not an expert and I have no idea what costs you guys would incur developing something like that, so what do I know. I’m just a coach with a Droid who wants to be able to score his games on his phone.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm

We definitely understand your wanting to use iScore on the device you already own, and we hope that we can provide it at some point... it is just a matter of priorities at this point. Thank you again for letting us know your interest.
Scott Spillers

Post by Scott Spillers » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:27 pm

I'd also love to see an Android version of iScore baseball. I think that you'll find that the Android market will soon rival that of the iPhone. There are a lot of us out here already that would love to purchase your product!
volusia71

Post by volusia71 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:19 am

Just adding my vote for android and iscore!
mrclamato

Post by mrclamato » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:14 am

Android phones continue to increase marketshare:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/09/coms ... ll-others/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/05/10/ ... -in-sales/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would love to see this app, as there is obviously very little competition for you guys.
pjjt

Post by pjjt » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:47 am

Please Android Version. Another vote. :) I am moving from Iphone to an Android phone and will only miss Iscore, since both have plenty of great apps.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 am

Keep in mind you can still use your iPhone even if you discontinue service... it can function just like an iPod Touch (i.e. you can use the WiFi connection still).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
cheesehawk

Post by cheesehawk » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 am

I'd love to see this on Android as well.

With all these new Android phones hitting the market lately I would think there would be plenty of users wanting to buy iScore.