Better Matching of Quick Play with Default Hit type (e.g. ground out vs line drive) (future.feature.request)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jeffrsunh

Better Matching of Quick Play with Default Hit type (e.g. ground out vs line drive) (future.feature.request)

Post by jeffrsunh » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:23 am

Would it be possible to modify quick scoring such that default button are selected which make it quicker/easier to score with less things to select. For example...on a 'quick' ground out have the ground ball button default selected such that don't have to change from line drive to grounder, or on 'fly out' have the fly ball button as default selection. In addition, if I select a 'quick' out option and do not add a hit location on chart will it add a hit line on the spray chart to that default position on file chart so that when batter comes up again you see where he hit rather than just says 'ground out' or 'fly out'

Thanks for considering. Your app is GREAT!!!!
mprusak

Re: Quick score request

Post by mprusak » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:54 am

What device and version are you using? This already happens.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:10 am

We will not automatically full in hit location as fielders have a range and just showing every ground out to SS going right to him would not be accurate. The other things should already happen as mprusak notes. If you tell us what device / iScore version you are using we can check into it more.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jeffrsunh

Post by jeffrsunh » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:28 pm

Ipad. V4.03

Just saying that if I did use quick pick and did not do a hit location why couldn't it default to the default location of fielder. The way I see it If you don't place a hit location then next time you just see ground out or fly out whatever but have no idea where it went. No spray chart no idea where.
jeffrsunh

Post by jeffrsunh » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

And it does not already happen cause I've had to undo and redo scoring to fix it. If I pick a quick ground out to an infielder it comes up with line drive button default selected. I have to change it to a ground out. Same for fly balls. Default should be medium ground out and medium fly out for default selections. Then scorer can select something different. Another default could be added for a line out to each position. Maybe room and buttons are an issue on the display but i use iPad and there is plenty of room.

Don't get me wrong guys, this application is wonderful, this little tweaks would allow quicker scoring so i could get my attention back on ballgame....LOL
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:48 pm

We just tried on an iPad running iScore v4.03.

Started a new game.
Slid finger across the Out button to bring up the Quick Outs menu.
Selected 4-3 Ground Out
It defaults to Medium Grounder, and we can change it when entering the hit location if we want.

What selection are you making in the quick out menu that is not defaulting to Medium Ground Out?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Also tried it for Ground out and flyout, both work as expected. This feature has existed for several versions.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
jeffrsunh

Post by jeffrsunh » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:07 pm

Ok I stand corrected, partially. It works for fly outs but DOES NOT work for ground outs!

If I could figure out how to paste screenshot here I would show you. I can email it to your support site if you wish. Select a ground out and it comes up medium line drive.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:19 pm

As noted above, we chose the 4-3 Ground Out from the quick outs, and it is defaulting to Medium Grounder. If you have steps we can reproduce that make it default to something different when starting with a new game, we would like to try.
jeffrsunh

Post by jeffrsunh » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I just did. It defaulted to medium line drive. Forget it. Not going to argue about it. I have the screen shot that shows it. But then that wouldn't prove my steps.