Import Major league Rosters

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Larry

Import Major league Rosters

Post by Larry » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:37 pm

I would like to use this to score major league games. Please add an enhancement that will allow the user to import the latest roster(s) for MLB teams.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Import Major league Rosters

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:22 pm

Adding the abilitiy to import and export rosters will allow us to also implement importing of major league rosters... this is a great suggestion and we will add it to our list for a future release.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Phantom Sage

Post by Phantom Sage » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:58 pm

I wholeheartedly second this motion. Import of divisions/teams/rosters is a necessary value add. Especially for those with multiple kids at various age groups.

Or simply for tracking the house league and the travel league as well as the fall league.

This feature request should move up the ladder of competing priorities.
pujoe1

Post by pujoe1 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 am

Importing Major League Baseball rosters is top on my list. I'd like to take my iPhone to the ballpark and score the game, but I also see uses for iScore in table top baseball simulations.
natsfan

Post by natsfan » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:22 am

I would echo these sentiments. Entering a starting lineup is the most frustrating part of scoring a ballgame (either pen and paper or an iPhone app). Otherwise iScore is a simply awesome program.
Ed C.

Post by Ed C. » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:11 am

I add a big "yes" to importing rosters -- and not just MLB, as I mostly go to Minor (California A) League games.

The upcoming "quick roster" option will help a bit, but I'm terrible at typing on the iPhone keyboard -- I'm old with fat fingers :-) I would like to look up rosters ahead of time and

1. import them from online, or
2. get them on my phone by email or whatever in formatted text (e.g., tab-delimited) and be able to cut-and-paste into the app.

I would not really want the MLB roster subscription thing mentioned elsewhere.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:17 am

We will be adding a way to edit rosters online soon. We put the hooks in the version 2.0 to allow it, and just need to develop the web side at this point.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs