Enhancement request

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
leftside

Enhancement request

Post by leftside » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:59 am

Guys,

First let me say this product is not even close to being approached by another. I have tried them all (and paid for them just to try them out) and iScore is far and away the most comprehensive yet easy to use. Congrats and keep up the good work.

That being said I have a very simple (I believe) request that is invaluable to some of your users. Actually a two part request, really.

1) As a pitching coach, to be able to see what pitch sequences I have thrown to a batter before is priceless. You already show his previous results (via spray charting), and are tracking pitch types but to be able to see when a batter comes to the plate his previous two at bats that he grounded out (rolled over) a change up his first at bat but ripped a fastball to the gap his second at bat is huge information. Just to see the sequence itself is invaluable regardless of outcome. I currently track it on paper while still using iScore with a simple capital letter system (H means he swung at a change up and h means he looked at a change up). To see FhfC or something similar to know I showed him fastball, change, fastball, curve, for each at bat tells me a lot about how I approached him previously and the outcome. There is space for it (at least on iPad and mini) so please please please consider it since you already have the information stored...it is a display addition only.

2). Related to the first, if I had the ability to enter notes "per player" as opposed to in general it would also work. At least I could enter "aggressive early in the count" for a batter and approach him correctly by getting him to chase off the plate by reviewing the player notes prior to each at bat.

I will continue to use your product, by far the best, whether or not you implement the above suggestions (among a thousand you have received I am sure) but please consider them. From a pitching coach who tracks every pitch and location these seemingly easy additions would add huge benefits to your program.

Thanks for your consideration,
Lee Hartigan
leftside

Re: Enhancement request

Post by leftside » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:24 am

BTW, I did not mention, but I am already a subscriber to both Trumedia and Edge (and enjoy both of those addons) for the more advanced analytics that can be gone over at a slow pace post-game. I don't expect these analytics in iScore...I am merely talking about a quick display of sequence for a batter similar to what is already being shown with the ball, strike, foul display being shown.

Again, your app is better than great and between your app and Edge I have an 80 page report available to go over with coaches within 15 minutes after a game. Another 65 pages of season to date stats as well.

Imam certainly not saying anything is "lacking." This is just an request to add a very handy extra I would love to see.

Thanks again.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:20 am

Thank you for the feedback. We will keep it in mind on our enhancement list as we continue to improve iScore. fyi... the update that is about to come out adds a few hundred more statistics as well, so you will have even more you can cover post game. :)
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
leftside

Post by leftside » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:54 am

Outstanding! Thanks for the feedback. I truly love the app. Very few (if any other than yours) are good enough yet easy enough to use while still coaching. I can actually keep score down to tracking every pitch, type and location, while still calling pitches for my pitchers and coaching in general. If that doesn't tell people how intuitive and easy to use your app is I don't know what will.

As I mentioned, I have a dozen suggestions but absolutely no complaints about your app. Keep it going.

Lee
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:09 pm

Lee,

That's pretty impressive multi-tasking! I don't care how easy the app is to use, that's a lot going on.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
tracker15

Post by tracker15 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 am

+1 on this request

As a scorekeeper and pitchers father I keep this info separate from iScore, It would be nice to have available during game time.
sandman

Post by sandman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:06 am

would there be a way to add "linedrive" to the type of hit? also i would like to have a hitting state that i could use called "quality AB" tells me how my hitters are doing. anyway that could be a choice as well? what are the new pitching/hitting stats coming out on the new ehancements?
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:15 am

QAB is in the new release.

Line drive is currently available in the hit chart area.
Mark

FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:16 am

Line Drive is already a choice for type of hit. The options are Grounder, Line Drive, Pop up, and Fly Ball.

The statistics available in the update can be seen here:

http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.php?s=baseball2
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:19 am

To expand on QAB in new release, there are actually 3 versions (QAB1, QAB2, QAB3) and each is customizable.
Mark