Kindle Fire HD 7"

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Rparazine

Kindle Fire HD 7"

Post by Rparazine » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:14 am

I would love to be able to have the screen in landscape mode on my 7" Kindle Fire HD. :D
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Kindle Fire HD 7"

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:34 am

Landscape should be available on the main scoring screen.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Rparazine

Post by Rparazine » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:16 pm

But it's not on mine, and I have the newest upgrade. :(
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

We will look into this further. We do not have a Kindle Fire HD to test with, but we will look to see what may be causing this on the Kindle Fire HD device.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:00 pm

FTMSupport wrote:Maybe you have iScore set for "small screen" mode. Go to the Options item from the main menu in iScore, and make sure "Screen Mode" is set to "Large", then try going into the scoring screen again.
Here is a related thread
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7144
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:32 pm

Amazon just approved another update that we think will fix this issue on the Fire HD. Please try it out and let us know. If you can also do an Options -> Export after updating to this new version, it will send us some additional troubleshooting info to our server that can help us with screen size issues. If you can email us at support@iscoresports.com with your customer ID after updating and doing this export, that would be great.
Narcosis

Post by Narcosis » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:12 am

Does the update automatically show on the Kindle Fire? I just check the main screen of iscore and it show version 3.55.131. I believe this is the version I downloaded when I got the Fire in December. I have the 8" HD version of the Fire.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 pm

That is the updated version. If you set the amazon App Store to auto update then the update can just appear. If the scoring screen is still not rotating to landscape, try checking the options screen now and see if there is a small vs large selector now. In any case if you can do an Optiobs -> Export and email us your customer ID, we now capture some troubleshooting device details during export that can let us see what the device is reporting for screen size. Send email to support@iscoresports.com.
Rparazine

Post by Rparazine » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:41 am

Any updates on being in landscape mode on the kindle fire hd 7"? Also my device still frequently stops for no apparent reason. I'm currently using version 4.02.307.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:53 am

If you have 4.02, the best you will be able to do is support Small screen mode.

Starting with v4.03, we have actually removed support for the Kindle Fire HD. Amazon has digressed too far from the Google standards with the device and it is causing all kinds of problems. The original Kindle Fire works great, but the Kindle Fire HD does not. It SHOULD be just like that Google Nexus 7 (has same screen resolution), yet it is not. They have made the screen a non-standard size (dimensions are exactly what the Nexus 7 are, but internally they report them differently which messes things up), and there are other issues with the device where it is crashing when no other device does.

When Amazon changes the Kindle Fire HD back to supporting Android standards, we will be able to restore Fire HD support.

Sorry for any inconvenience. We would recommend requesting a refund for iScore from Amazon if the Fire HD is the only Android device you have. If they gave us a way to issue refunds directly, we would gladly do it.