Reached by Error or On Base by Error

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
dsore1218

Reached by Error or On Base by Error

Post by dsore1218 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:07 pm

I know the errors are tracked in the database, will we see RBE or OBE (I know they are the same) as a column on the stat sheet?

Thanks,
Coach Dave
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Reached by Error or On Base by Error

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:29 pm

We do not currently have them as separate columns in the stat sheet, but they are not counted as earned runs... you do see runs vs. earned runs in the pitching stats.

When we add the ability to "export all stats" to a spreadsheet, we will include several columns like this. It is hard to maintain the balance between easy to read stats reporting, and still include all the stats people like to see. The export option is going to allow people to decide what they want to see... not everyone is interested in the same things, so if we provide a way to get to all the data, then people can decide what is important to them and create their own views in a spreadsheet.

Thank you for using iScore Baseball, and please let us know if there are any other stats you would like to see so we can be sure to include them in upcoming releases as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
dsore1218

Post by dsore1218 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks for responding.

My motivation for asking is somewhat different that the coaches, one that might help you market your product.

I do stats for our high school team in California and I post them to MaxPreps. I would encourage you to look at the MaxPreps site and see what stats are tracked by high school baseball teams. Some of the promise of your program dovetails nicely with MaxPreps. Export to MaxPreps would be wonderful. Livecast will be great. You should be able to market to the MaxPreps people as well.

I am also the Football Operations guy for the high school and I hope you have a sister program by the time football comes around in the fall,
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:37 pm

We are located in California as well. I would love to talk to you further about your process of posting to MaxPreps and what you would see a football program looking like if you have time. We definitely intend to expand into other sports, and would like to hear some first hand feedback.

If you can email us at support@fasterthanmonkeys.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, I would love to have some follow up emails or possibly even a phone call.

Thank you.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
dsore1218

Post by dsore1218 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 am

First, I assume you are in the Bay Area. I have stores there and visit regularly so I can lend any help you want. You can view my access to MaxPreps (same as any other coach/stats guy).

Tried to score a game Monday. Had a mystery player show up and a crash/lost game. I am current on my iPhone software. It was a wild game with multiple switches, re-enters, etc. I guarantee you the problem was mine.

The point of this diatribe is to let you know that I am sending you some files to your e-mail. 1) Stat Terminology for MaxPreps. 2) 3 screenshots showing the entry screens. The last one shows the bottom of the page so you can see that as well. 3) The .pdf output page that it prints out for coaches and fans. Our school is Rocklin High in Rocklin. You can access the fan page and see how they display it there. It has absolutely no bearing to your product but it is there for curiosity sake.

I am scoring again today. I think it will be much calmer and I do not anticipate another problem.

Last thing. The football and basketball are basically the same as baseball on Maxpreps and I can show you that as well.
Coach Dave