Narrative Science

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jedi5446

Narrative Science

Post by jedi5446 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:49 am

It'd be great if Narrative Science is something iscore could include in the next uptade. Instant game stories based purely on the game stats!
AE32170C18

Re: Narrative Science

Post by AE32170C18 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:32 am

This has been asked about before.... I would love it.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:49 am

Its come up several times...do a search to see some of the responses.

It comes down to cost. iscore's business model doesn't price this in the way the other app does, which is a good thing. I'd like to see it offered as an add-on purchase, so that those that want it can get it and those that don't aren't asked to pay for it.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 am

+1 to this - have begged for it myself. I'd pay for the add on.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 pm

How much would you pay and how much would others pay? that is the question. We could approach them and say "our users are willing to pay $x / season or per year or per report" or whatever it is and see if they are interested. Another approach would be for the user community to ask Narrative Science to provide game reporting for iScore games. We have an API that is available to anyone with a Team Website. Narrative Science could write something against that API for any user with a team website.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jedi5446

Post by jedi5446 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:41 pm

If it were an in app add-on I'd pay up to $10 for the service
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Are you thinking one time? per season? per team? per year? We are trying to find what we can propose to Narrative Science that would make it interesting for them, fair to iScore users, and cover any additional costs it would incur on us.

We also need multiple people saying they would be willing to do the same. Proposing to Narrative Science that one person is interested in paying $10 one time is probably not going to be very motivating to them. But if there is a large enough number of people willing to pay a fair fee for the service, then it is possible something could come together.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
jedi5446

Post by jedi5446 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:11 pm

If it were tiered I'd say $1 per game, $10 per season and maybe a lifetime access for $30-$40? Hard to say since once the narrative program is in place there is no real upkeep (maybe occasional updates). I think people would try the $1/game first and move to a higher tier immediately.
Hopefully, some more users have some suggestions as well.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:20 pm

I personally think somewhere around $20 per year would be fair for those looking for this. I agree with the post above that a trial would be beneficial and if it works as intended would lead to additional sales, I'm sure. I would do a free 3 game trial or something like that.

FTM - not sure if you have a feel for what the number is, but obviously this forum represents a small fraction of iscore users. So for every 1 user that expresses interest here, are there 50?, 100?, 500? that would be interested?

I would definitely look into it and try to create a win-win-win (NS, iScore, Users) arrangement.
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
teamchampion02

Post by teamchampion02 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 am

I'd go $20/season for such a feature. I'd def be willing to jump into a pilot group of users.

And I do have a team website that I'm willing to open up for such a venture.

http://www.teamchampiontomahawks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let's make this happen!! :-)