Swinging strike button

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Chrisandjayson

Re: Swinging strike button

Post by Chrisandjayson » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 am

I like the current swipe.
oconnor.jb

Post by oconnor.jb » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:50 pm

+1 for separate button (based on fact that I think it should be way more obvious on how to score each one; not something that it takes someone 30 minutes of forum reading to figure out how to do, and everything else in iScore is meticulously specified and obvious)

my thought, split the existing button (I'm using Android on a smartphone) into two smaller buttons labeled "K" and "S".
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:15 am

I have avoided weighing in... but think I will..

I like the swinging strike motion, it always works. but also agree this is a somewhat "hidden features".. I have been meeting a number of tenured score users lately at tournaments (who are not active on the forum) and find one of the most under known features is swinging strike. So something to help would have value ..

here is another idea/variation.. instead of a new button, how about a tool tip or text on the screen (that can go away) to remind folks of the swipe features (swipe for swing strike, or quick plays etc

my two cents
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:56 am

what about some indication on the button that it has swipe functionality? Almost like in Excel where you have a comment indicator...maybe a swipe indicator would make sense.

especially if FTM ever introduces some of the ideas that have been suggested - swiping runners, in-play events, etc. (hint, hint :-) )

A couple links to swipe suggestion threads:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4897" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5296" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
frachel

Post by frachel » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 am

BTW I'm not suggesting getting rid of the swiping functionality, but for if the real estate allows it, it's such a common thing that a button on the main screen makes sense to me.

Again, personal preference based on how I score (the sticky finger in the heat was def an issue), but also I usually sit on the bleachers watching game, have iPad next to me but standing up (using case stand), so the act of swiping in that position is quite annoying, whereas just touching is a lot easier.
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:58 pm

I would have never known about it if it wasn't for this forum.

I really wish they would create a PDF or like document embedded in the software that we can quickly reference to know how to use the program. The videos they have are great, but boy it would be nice to have reference materials on the ball field.
mprusak

Post by mprusak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:03 pm

This is a bit dated, but overall still relevant:
http://images.iscorecentral.com/iScore_ ... .70.89.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This may help some:
http://iscoreleagues.com/iscorewebsite/ ... upport.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Videos (again, somewhat dated, but still helpful)
http://iscoreleagues.com/iscorewebsite/ ... aining.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mark
iScore Baseball 4.533 on iOS8-iPad4 and iPhone 6-Plus

iScore Baseball User Manual:
http://iscoreleagues.com/manual/ <- Check it Out!
Tabe

Post by Tabe » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:38 pm

As a brand-new user to iScore, coming over from another product, I would also second the recommendation for a Swinging Strike button. The other product has one so I found myself surprised that iScore didn't - especially since iScore makes you specifically select the type of strike when a player strikes out. I scored my entire first game not knowing there was swipe functionality for swinging strikes. Then, when I did read about it on the forums, it was described simply as "swipe" which, as FTM mentioned above, implies a left/right motion. Thus, I found myself still not getting it to work. I eventually found that I could get the swinging strike by doing a checkmark-type motion, not realizing I just needed to swipe up. I know that now and will do that in the future, of course.

Bottom line, please do either:

1) A separate swinging strike button or

2) A tool tip that appears the first couple times you do a strike in a game unless you've done a swinging strike. Be sure to include an option to permanently turn off this tool tip.

Thanks,
Tabe