A couple of wild hair bluetooth enhancement suggestions

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
plivengood

A couple of wild hair bluetooth enhancement suggestions

Post by plivengood » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 pm

I expect that these would be low priority, but they seem like natural fits for third-party partnerships and a way to enhance iScore and make it stand out from its competitors....

Has there been any thought to partnering with a radar provider to enable the radar with bluetooth and then add the ability within iScore to have pitch speeds automatically read into the program via the bluetooth-enabled radar device? Couple that with the ability to pre-set pitch types presumptively by pitch speed, and to me that would be a major upgrade for advanced users. I would suggest Pocket Radar (for its small size, cost, and convenience to lug around) but you'd probably also want at least one of the bigger gun manufacturers if you were going to go to this trouble.

A similar idea that I've actually had people repeatedly ask me: is there any way to make some kind of bluetooth or other wireless enhancement that would work with park scoreboards so that iScore could directly feed data to the scoreboard? I realize there are several popular manufacturers, but I would think the ability to do this would give both iScore and whichever manufacturer who might be willing to partner with you to do this a leg up on the competition.

Not expecting much, at least any time soon, but thought I would throw these out there for discussion.....
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: A couple of wild hair bluetooth enhancement suggestions

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm

We have done research on both of these ideas. Bluetooth would not work because of range limitations and the limited bluetooth support that iOS allows. We have considered doing something with WiFi, but it probably will not be practical until "WiFi Direct" is more of a standard so you can talk directly to devices instead of requiring them to be on the same hub.

We will continue researching possibilities on both however.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
coach1

Post by coach1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:14 am

in our press box we have wished for a way for iscore to commuicate with the scoreboard controller to allow data posted to scoreboard as it is entered into iscore. Not sure its even possible with our current varisity scoreboard arrangement but would be really nice.
mbernoski

Post by mbernoski » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 am

Another option to consider is some of the radar guns currently manufactured have a wireless feature that sends a wireless signal to a large display board that can hang on the fence somewhere at the field. It might be possible to design (or get them to design) a small reciever unit that either connects to Ipad/Iphone via bluetooth nearby the scorer or uses the headphone port like the credit card swipe readers at https://squareup.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This eliminates the distance limitation and may make it easier to implement with existing equipment since the extra "reciever" is just an add-on to an already existing product. They could even have a small LCD display on the receiver so they could sell it for dual purpose - iphone integration or just being able to setup the gun for a game on the tripop in an idea location and still sit in the stands and score without being tied to the gun. Hope that helps and this would just be an awesome feature for IScore!