Batting and pitching music

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Mets Fan

Batting and pitching music

Post by Mets Fan » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Is there a way to select music for a batter so when they go to the plate, if my iPod is attached to a speaker, it would be there walk up music. Also the same type of thing for pitchers entering the game.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Batting and pitching music

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:31 pm

This is actually the second request we have had a for a feature like that. Last one came several months ago. Is this something more people would be interested in? We have it on our list, but it is not a very high priority right now. If it is something a lot of people are interested in doing, maybe we will up its priority a bit.

Thank you.
CaN

Post by CaN » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:25 am

No. Please. No! I already have enough things that make noise.
plivengood

Post by plivengood » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:30 am

Personally, I wouldn't use it, but it's like the "off" button on the TV for somebody who doesn't like a particular show. Just because I (or CaN) won't use it / don't like it doesn't mean the capability shouldn't be there for people who *do* want to use it. To each his own.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:16 am

You would definitely not be required to use it if we added it... just trying to get a feel for how many people are interested. We want to make sure we are prioritizing things so we spend the most time on things that the most people will benefit from / use. Thank you.
Mets Fan

Post by Mets Fan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:21 am

i just want to do this so the 9-10 year olds can feel more like big leaguers.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:30 am

We think it's a fun idea... our developers go to professional minor league games and there is often certain songs tied to certain players there as well.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:49 am

no doubt it would be fun.. but also a drag on battery life..

perhaps FTM, you should investigate in a user community rating/voting program for collaborative input. We could then help vote the tradeoffs..realizing of course all about time and priorities that shift overtime. not that you have to follow users vote, but it would help guide you. like, for me, right now, i vote heaviest for special text box notes capability, and my number two did not even exist a week ago, i would now follow that with a build out of iscorecast web site cpabilities. , before i would go to sound, but that is one mans opinion

a company i have seen/used in the user community voteing space (not affiliated with them and am sure others out there in the space) is uservoice.com. perhaps something like that...
Mets Fan

Post by Mets Fan » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:58 pm

most speakers charge the ipod if it it in, so battery life shouldn't be an issue
BJWanlund

Post by BJWanlund » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:36 pm

I'm interested, but can I suggest something for this feature? I'd like to have some sort of freeform thing where I can choose my minor or major league ballpark by location (GPS to the rescue), and then choose the songs from that park's playlist for when a home team player or when a home team pitches. For instance, Player A has "Slow Ride" by Foghat as his song when he comes up to bat. I'd like to say "Player A had Slow Ride by Foghat as his batting song" or something to that effect. It would (for me) have zero effect on the game, it would just make for a much more fun time scoring the games.

BJ