Disable iscorecast after game

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jks0157

Disable iscorecast after game

Post by jks0157 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:07 pm

I saw a previous request regarding password for scorecast. I would like to be able to disable the scorecast for a game after the game is over. A forum is posting a direct link to our scorecast feeds. Then anyone can go and replay and scout our team and we have no way of preventing this! The admin website allows the game to be deleted from the game list, but since they post a direct link to that game they can still access the game at any time! Even if I delete it from the game list, the game is still there and a direct link still allows others to view it. Please give us a way to prevent the game from being replayed thru scorecast. The previous request for password protection would work if it allows password protection on individual games and does not prevent the current game from being viewed. Or just a way to disable individual games from being viewed.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Disable iscorecast after game

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:24 am

Watch for an announcement later today about password protecting your scorecasts. You can prepare now by logging in to the Admin Website, going to the Scorecasts tab, and there is now a little lock that if clicked on, allows you to set the password for that scorecast.

The iScorecast Viewer will enforce the password later today. We will also be providing a way to set a default password for new games that are created if you would like (although it sounds like you want the current live game to not have a password, and only after it is over would you set a password).

We have a few other announcements that will be made later today about the Admin Website (more self-service features available... they are already up on the site for anyone that plays around, but the official announcement will come later today).
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
LittleLeagueMom

Post by LittleLeagueMom » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:39 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Can't wait to see what other goodies you have for us!
jks0157

Post by jks0157 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:34 am

Love it! Thanks!
thepicklednickel

Post by thepicklednickel » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 pm

I figured out how to lock the previous iscorecasts, but I am having trouble seeing how to password protect new iscorecasts. Any advice?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Create the game with iScorecast enabled, then go to the Admin Website and you will be able to password protect it.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs