Box Score X in bottom of unplayed inning ...

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
OhioTex

Box Score X in bottom of unplayed inning ...

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Would expect to see an "X" in the box score of an unplayed inning .... (both on html output, and game manager)

Of course this applies to an unplayed bottom of 9th when home team ahead, but also for whole innings in little league when called early due to time limits or run rules - e.g may see an X in bottom of 6th, and both top and bottom of the 7th, in little league 7 inning game that ended after 5 1/2 due time limit or run rule.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Box Score X in bottom of unplayed inning ...

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:00 pm

We put a dash (-) in the bottom of the last inning that caused the game to be over if the game ends with the home team not needing to bat. This is consistent with espn.com. We do not fill in extra innings beyond the inning that caused the Game Over.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:14 pm

A dash is fine (not partial to x). But i get a zero.

true, I see a dash in botton half of an inning while top half is "in play" ( less than 3 outs), but as soon as i record a third, my version (2.0) converts bottom half of score board from a dash to a zero. even if the next button you press is misc> end of game. and that is how it shows up in the end of game HTML box score. I am not sure how to end a game with the dash for unplayed inning. give it a try and let me know where i am doing it wrong.
thanks
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:25 pm

We just went through a few games where they ended after the top half of an inning with the home team leading, and they all show the dash. We also emailed the results to ourselves, and the email has the dash as well.

If you can export your database to us and email us your customer ID (I think we have it, but just to be sure), and let us know which specific game is not showing the dash, we will take a look.

Thanks.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm

i emailed you and exported my data, but i think i know the issue and can getyou to repeat it on your end.

it occurs when a game ends earlier than planned...

if i end at 6 1/2 innings with home team ahead of a planned 7 inning game, i get the dash in the bottom of the ninth - as expected.

but if i end prematureuly, at say 5 1/2 innings (run rule) of a 7 inning game, with home team ahead, It has already added the zero, have to end the game by hittting misc end of game. .... please try it, i repeated it again and again, using 9 inning games, 7 inning games, 2 inning games..
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:44 am

Update: FTM has reported elsewhere this is fixed in version 2.02