Box score

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Afjb

Box score

Post by Afjb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I love the box score addition to the email. It really looks good. I do have one request regarding it -- can you set it up so that each team's info is below their respective box score? For example, if you look at a box score in the paper (yes, people still do that) or online, stats such as errors, doubles, etc., are listed by player underneath the respective team's portion of the box score instead of all together. So, the visitor's info would be on the left below the main portion of the box score and the home would be to the right.

I hope that makes sense.

Tony
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Box score

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:23 pm

We have actually followed the most common box score format that newspapers print. This format is more compact than having each team in their own column which newspapers like more. We will add your request to our enhancement list, but we did a lot of research before finally adopting the format we did.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:53 pm

Ok, thanks. It's not a crucial change, I think most are just used to the newspaper type format.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:55 am

Maybe a slight change would make things clearer. When I generate my info lines for display, I put the team short name in front of the players and group by team. Here's an example of a game between the Kansas City Royals (KCR) and the Minnesota Twins (MIN):

2B: KCR: John Wathan (#6, #7)
3B: KCR: Pat Sheridan (#3)
HR: KCR: George Brett (#5) MIN: Kent Hrbek (#15)
RBI: KCR: George Brett (#15, #16), Pat Sheridan (#22, #23) MIN: Kent Hrbek (#33, #34), Darrell Brown (#8), Kirby Puckett (#11)
SF: KCR: George Brett (#2), Pat Sheridan (#1) MIN: Kirby Puckett (#4)

So maybe if the team has a short name you could consider adding it in front of the list, and then grouping the players by team. I think you may already be grouping by team from what I have seen.
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:27 pm

I would agree with that as well. Many box scores use a short team name and I think that would be more than sufficient.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:25 pm

The box score on the admin website and team website has the stats grouped under each team. You can use that one if you like. The one that gets emailed is optimized for newspaper format.
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:58 pm

I just logged in to the admin site and noticed that. Looks fine. Is there a way to have cumulative stats shown on the admin website? For instance, I would like to choose a player from the roster and see what their stats are so far. I'm sure there is a way to do that but I couldn't find it. Thanks very much.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:00 pm

We do not show stats on the Admin Website. Stats are available from the device itself or from the optional Team Websites.
Afjb

Post by Afjb » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Ok, thanks for the quick response. Exporting to a PC is perfect anyway.