Add PH and PR as positions during substitution

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
jcbeckman

Add PH and PR as positions during substitution

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:24 am

Maybe I missed it, but I can't find a way during substitution to mark a batter as "PH". I've been leaving them as just "?", but it would be nice to be able to mark them as a PH. Same with pinch runners - I'd like to mark them as PR.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Add PH and PR as positions during substitution

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:04 am

With version 2.0, we have an option specfically for Pinch Runners, and Offensive substitutions do not require a position to be entered at all. The idea is to "score what you see" and let iScore take care of reconciling. For example, when you are watching a game, and a player comes to bat that is not the one that you expected, unless you have inside information (i.e. you are the coach or ask the coach), you do not know if that player is a pinch hitter, or if he is being put in as a substitute for the player he is batting for, or if some kind of double switch is taking place. So to "score what you see", you just change who the batter is, then when the team goes back to defense, you make any defensive changes you see. If you do happen to have the inside information, you can make both changes at once.

Assigned positions are really defensive designations. The only exception to that is DH which is saying the player is hitting for the pitcher, and does not have a defensive position. Pinch hitting and pinch running are really actions, not positions the player is playing.
jcbeckman

Re: Add PH and PR as positions during substitution

Post by jcbeckman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 am

Very nice! I guess I'll need to wait for Apple to get off their rear end and get 2.0 into the store. Thanks!

I must say that even in 1.65 iScore seems to be pretty smart about a lot of stuff. Not only does it do a better job of making scoresheets than I can do by hand, but I can actually *read* them afterwards!<g>