Website enhancements -- User "Groups"

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
SteelCityB

Website enhancements -- User "Groups"

Post by SteelCityB » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks for all the recent updates to the team websites. Support for this app and team website is excellent!

My suggestions relate to the team website permissions, such as viewing stats, rosters, games, and whatnot. I tried searching all topics, but couldn't find a similar request, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

Right now, I have the "Games" and "Statistics" password protected. But, our manager is OK with parents seeing limited "Game" stats, but not the full season stats. We don't want the public to view any stats because it could be another team trying to scout us. Any information in this case is too much information.

So...This type of website would benefit from more of a "group-level" control, where you could have different "Groups" (i.e., Website Admin, Manager, Coach, Parent, Guest). Each "Group" could be assigned different permissions. Rather than usernames, a different password could be made for each Group.

This way, I could grant the coaches access to all stats, all games, complete roster, etc. My parents could have access to just game stats (yet I could limit which stats are available), the full roster, and the photos. I would want to allow guests to see the roster, but with first names and last initials only. Admin group would have access to all, including setting permissions, setting passwords, etc.

This would allow tremendous flexibility in "who-sees-what" on the website.

Thanks,
Brian
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Website enhancements -- User "Groups"

Post by FTMSupport » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 am

We do have plans to update the way access is controlled on websites. It is going to allow you to specify who sees what on a user by user basis. Users will have their own logins, and the administrator will be able to decide what each login can see.

We don't have a date for when this will be available, but it is on our list of things to do.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
SteelCityB

Post by SteelCityB » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 am

That's great ... User-level access is even better. Thanks!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 pm

i will be one minority on this one, but not high on my list..

would rather see "data sharing" password control first.
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:58 am

That would be my priority as well.