Email Box Score

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Tguerr16

Email Box Score

Post by Tguerr16 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:08 am

Using iphone and moto xoom. Would like to have the ability to 1) have a box score generated when the game is finished (in the app) and 2) have the ability to email that box score to the local newspaper.
jcbeckman

Re: Email Box Score

Post by jcbeckman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:56 am

You can do that now. There is an email button at the bottom of the game summary page. Hit that, fill in where you want it emailed, turn off anything you don't want (in this case, you just want the HTML format) and touch SEND.
Tguerr16

Post by Tguerr16 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:08 pm

You're right about having the ability to email stats but I am requesting the "box score". The box score that is on the iscorecentral site is what the local news paper wants. Thanks though
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:13 pm

You can copy/paste from the website right into email clients, or if you have a team website, you can also just send them the link to the site as well.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
Tguerr16

Post by Tguerr16 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:16 pm

Support...I use a motorola zoom and without rooting the device there is no way of taking a screen shot. I can do that with my iPhone but was looking forward to scoring games on the xoom, that is why I was asking for this enhancement.

I can do a test with the local newspaper and see if they are willing to follow a link to get the scores and stats. Not sure if they will take the time, remember, they are taking calls and emails from Baseball, Softball, track and any other HS sporting events taking place all after 6pm and trying to get it all in the next days paper.

My idea was simply to make their job easier.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:23 pm

I believe FTM was talking about "cut and paste" into an email. not talking about screen shots, .. i would assume you can do that with any device android or iOS.
Tguerr16

Post by Tguerr16 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

I was assuming the same thing...not that easy w/android.
navarre

Post by navarre » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:58 pm

I would like to second the request to add the simple box score as an email option from the scoring app (I'm using the Android version, but I'm sure iPhone users would also like this option). As the original requester stated, local newspapers don't want to dig through the detailed game statistics to get their info - in fact, our local editor told us that the detailed format is not acceptable for submission. The Box Score available on the Games page of the team website is exactly what a newspaper wants, and they don't want a link, they want the actual data in the email we submit.

Yes, it is possible to open the browser on the Android, navigate to the team website, open the box score, copy the text, exit the browser, open the email client, paste in the text (losing the formatting, btw) and then send an email. This is very tedious to do from a phone, and error prone. Please consider adding the option to email the simple box score directly from the game summary of the scoring app.

Thanks.
Tguerr16

Post by Tguerr16 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:03 pm

Play first game in two days. Has there been consideration on this topic?

BTW, I have scored a couple of scrimmages with my zoom and the app is working great. My scorekeeper loves it!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:32 pm

As announced here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The iOS version awaiting Apple's approval allows emailing of Box Scores.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs