windows version ?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
solid

windows version ?

Post by solid » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:39 pm

There will be a windows version ??
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: windows version ?

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 pm

If there is enough demand we will create versions for more platforms. As of right now, iOS and Android are FAR out in front in the smartphone market.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
solid

Post by solid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:36 am

I think for an iPad is good especially for the size, but not everyone has or can buy an iPad. In the cell phone is a little awkward to use, plus you run the risk of receiving a call or message just for the game. I believe that a PC version also would have high demand. We are still waiting. Anyway, your software es the greatest!. Thank you.
johnchaney

Post by johnchaney » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:31 pm

I would like to put my 2 cents in for a Windows version.

I would like to be able to edit the games using Windows. It would be much easier.

I would also like to be able to print the stats and graphs using Windows.

I have an iPhone4 now and it is too cumbersome to use the app for entering games. I'm trying to determine which tablet to get. For the most part it would be mainly for baseball stats so I don't want to spend a fortune on a tablet. I'm thinking more of an Android tablet due to cost. In the meantime, I would like to use my laptop running Windows.

BTW, I have spent hundreds of dollars on baseball scoring software and yours is the best I've seen that is affordable and useful.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:36 pm

the developers have discussed before they are very unlikely to develop on PC/mac platform - they are focused on mobile devices and more sports.

to get data in from a more traditional desktop/laptop - they have the free "admin web page" that lets you add rosters/teams etc in a limited way. The developers have mentioned they intented to update/make that "free admin web site" more user friendly and a bit moe functional in the future (no specfic timetable). I think that is the more likely scenerio you will see, more web app development than windows/mac applications.

as far as getting information out and into windows for further manipulation. I have found emailing excel files works well but often my favorite is highlight, cut and paste from my team web site subscription. For those that want . .

I would also add one of iScores strengths in the mobile app baseball scoreing market is their openness to you having easy access and ownership of your data..
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 pm

Make sure you read through the Android-specific areas of the site here to get a tablet that will work well with iScore - there is no "tablet-optimized" version per se of iScore for Android like there is for iPad, but I think if your screen has the right dimensions you will get some extra things on the screen (from my cursory reading of that portion of the site).

You can also pick up the previous generation iPad, still new, from several places on the web.
johnchaney

Post by johnchaney » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm

thanks for the heads up on the android option. I'll look into it.
Camerabry

Post by Camerabry » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Ipad and tablets in general would be FAR superior to any computer out there on the ball field. Having a computer out there with wind, dry clay blowing around is just a total pain in the butt. I'd take an iPad in an otter box any day. Wipe it off and back to new.
wemmert_mcs

Post by wemmert_mcs » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Considering that there are Windows Slate devices (I use the Samsung Slate), they are similar in size and provide the same mobility as iPads, will you now consider porting the iScore Baseball app? Would you be interested if Microsoft could provide support/assistance in the port?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 pm

If there were enough customer demand, we would port to any platform. We are more interested in mobile devices than desktops as the interface for a desktop would be much different than what we have designed for "touch based" devices. If someone from Microsoft contacted us directly about a port, we could talk about it further. Considering the market share (both current and estimates of the future), the iPad still remains way out in front (75%+ market share according to analysts), and the Android is a distant second (with no single Android device even being a dominant leader in the space), and other tablets are currently even smaller markets. As an example of the risk, if we had jumped on the "HP Touchpad" bandwagon, it would have been a completely wasted effort as even HP scrapped support for the device.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs