Alternate scorecard formats (future.feature.request Ideas)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
brentwalker

Re: Alternate scorecard formats

Post by brentwalker » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:29 pm

I set one up for my son, still missing a season worth of data but like what I see so far. However I noticed that the W/L is wrong. One games shows win when we lost. How do I fix that? Brad Walker is the player

Also is there supposed to be a generic URL to provide to coaches, etc? I noticed that when I go that page I see the settings tab, do all viewers see that tab? do they also see the box for adding a google calendar after one has been entered? Seems odd to me to have those there.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:34 pm

If you go to the settings screen, you can set those screens as being password protected, and only reveal publicly the information you want available. You can also create a "guest password" and make all the pages password protected if you would like (one is set for you by default, but none of the pages are set to require the password).

Only the Administrator password will allow access to the settings and the ability to edit the calendar or create the google calendar. If you start a new browser, and just go to the address you were presented with when checkout was complete (you should also have received an email), you can see what people that are not logged in see.

We will check into the Win/Loss issue to see what is going on ASAP.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:02 pm

fyi... the Win/Loss issue is fixed. Will now show correctly on the Player Spotlight sites.
bren_tx

Post by bren_tx » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:21 pm

FTM, brentwalker and others,

I also have emailed back and forth with Alex about FTM request. He indicated to me he hadn't seen their request yet (that in an email dated 2/24).

If we are going to create our own such as Alex apparently did from combining scorecards he saw, then I will also look for public domain scoresheets from which we can utilize ideas.

FTM...any luck yet with a response from Alex Reisner?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:29 pm

Still no response, but after more in depth reviews of what they do, it is more and more apparent that the better option is creating a new format based on the data that is gathered from iScore than to implement something that was intended for pencil and paper / shorthand. We have an incredible wealth of information that could not be captured in a paper system.

We would love to get everyone's input on this.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:36 pm

You should be getting a response back from Alex Reisner. He responded to me today stating that he found your message dated 2/10 in his Spam box, go figure. He indicated that he will definately be writting FTM back. He has apparently been to your site and stated that he thought iScore looks good, I guess from pictures on the site, but he has not used it.

anyway, heres to the hope of maybe a permission to use this format.

also look forward to a discussion on a new potential scoring format if this doesn't pan out.
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 pm

FTM now also has David Cortesi's current Email and he was open to discusion too.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:10 pm

Maybe FTM could create another forum for discussing the scorecard and its format. If both David C and Alex R agree to particpate and the number of users with iScore, we could actually change the future of scoring a baseball game at all levels. We could discuss ideas as to what is needed while scoring a game, what are the nice to haves as well as formatting and read ability for post game analysis (along side the stats of course). We could discuss the items above (but not limited to) in respect to level of play including the sport (baseball vs softball). All of this could be selectable as options when setting up your device or when setting up the game your about to score or about to email to yourself and on and on.

I look forward to this discussion.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:44 pm

We don't feel it warrants a whole new forum, but feel free to discuss in this thread, or create a new thread if you would like. We will certainly be monitoring the conversations. Thank you.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:40 pm

Would like to see an option for the scorecard output so that the scorecard shows the same thing that iScore shows during an at bat and what happened during that at bat.

When you begin to score an at-bat, you are presented with the batter and his number, the runners and their numbers if any are on base as well as which base they are on. During this at bat things happen like stolen bases, wild pitches, pass balls, Balk, Pick Off, etc. I would like for the scorecard to show that for that specific players at bat, without the back tracking trying to figure out what and when something happened.

This would reduce the busy-ness of the scorecard by showing runner advancement within the "ABx" box/cell.

Please, Please add this as an option.