Notes?

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
sportsdoc

Notes?

Post by sportsdoc » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:30 pm

Any chance that there could be an option to add a note to a player. To remind me of something about him/her (i.e.: "weak on curveball, fooled on changeups, reaches for outside pitches, etc)?

Again, this program is great. The potential here is amazing!

Doc
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: Notes?

Post by FTMSupport » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:52 pm

Great suggestion... we will add it to our list of enhancements for a future release.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Sun May 10, 2009 8:16 am

echo this idea. free form notes on a player or a play .
iScore Baseball/Softball
* FAQ http://iscoresports.com//baseball/support.php
* Updated Manual http://iscoresports.com/baseball/manual.php?gd=1
* Stat Formulas http://data.iscorecentral.com/legend.ph ... internal=1
jcbeckman

Post by jcbeckman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Another vote for notes per player. I am using the program to score APBA Baseball and may use it for Superstar Baseball too. It would be great to be able to put some of the key stats needed for these games with the player's other stats.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:39 pm

We will definitely be adding notes throughout on a future release.
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:11 pm

I echo the wish for notes. In particular, I'd like to see notes on a play. On the scorecard it should be reflected as an asterisk (or some other symbol), with the notes displayed as end-notes on the printout.
Phantom Sage

Post by Phantom Sage » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:27 am

I like the concept of notes, but wonder if I would have the time to actually enter them... There is a certain linear aspect about working within a program that prohibits actions similar to the hyper-ability of a pencil to go anywhere on a scoresheet at anytime.

To make notes robust, I would suggest that a set of key phrases are offered as well as the ability to create your own phrases and assigned to buttons so that they could be appended quickly. Then, if a play warrants and you have the time, a 'blank' option to open a blank note for more detail can be the last button if so desired.

You could even add the detail button to the "misc" key so the note can be added when there is more time (say like a pitcher change). Give the ability to mark inning # and batter# so that it slots to the correct time occurance.
brentwalker

Post by brentwalker » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 am

I, too, am in favor of notes. In the situation scorekeeping method, ofter you want to make a special note on a given at bat with greater detail than the normal shorthand. An asterisk is placed in the at bat box and a reference to the at bat box number and note usually at the bottom of the scorecard.

...a good feature request no doubt!
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 am

Still my number one want in future 3.0+ functionality.. So thought I would post a note and rekindle interest..

The idea is to have the ability to generate/type free form user notes and attach to the play by play record. Could be a new Misc button, which brings up a keypad to free form type and then save and tag to a specific event (play, inning, game, team, batter, fielder). ideally note would report out in both pitch by pitch and iscorecast ...

examples ..
- play (e..g, wow great play/ diving stop saved 2 runs, or note to self: need to re score the error later when I have time, I hit the wrong button ),
- inning (e.g, rain delay, or note to self: need to go back and re check substitutions).
- game (e.g., special rules: 8 batter limit, 10 run/ inning limit, start with 1 ball 1 strike)
- team (e.g, record on 9/1 is 1-1, great team, awesome SS, nice coach )
- player (eg, injured 8/31 on the DL for a couple weeks, weak on curve ball hitting, )

I see this a great way to add flexibility ..
plivengood

Post by plivengood » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:57 am

I suppose there is no need to echo the desire for notes function at this point, but I do. One thing that would be nice is the ability to "edit" between half-innings when there is time to be able to insert the note at that time, without hitting undo, because I have some of Phantom Sage's same doubts about whether there will be time to enter them otherwise.

If not, some of this stuff can be entered right after the game, when all is still fresh in mind. Great idea.