RE: SD Card

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
uwgraduate

RE: SD Card

Post by uwgraduate » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:43 am

With internal memory space so limited on many android phones would you please consider off-loading the application and data onto an SD card?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: RE: SD Card

Post by FTMSupport » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:28 pm

This has been asked before, and we may do this in a future update. It seems the limited phones are really being phased out though --- what type of device are you using that has limited space?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
uwgraduate

Post by uwgraduate » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 pm

HTC EVO 4G.....I've got 16gb sd card but the internal memory is limited.....still under contract for 14 months so a new phone with more internal memory is not in my future.
Bibi50

Post by Bibi50 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:31 pm

I support the request.
With only 256 MB of RAM on my Acer Liquid sooner or later I think I'll get in trouble.

In any case to have the possibility to save data on the SD Card should be a plus.

Cheers
Fab
uwgraduate

Post by uwgraduate » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:41 pm

In furthering this discussion I believe that my HTC EVO 4G has 512 mb of internal memory.....after scoring approx. approx. 100 seven inning games over the last 12 months my iScore application and data is taking approx. 93 mb of space which is approx. 20% of my internal memory.

When I come out of contract in 14 months I will pay more attention to the internal memory specifications of the phone I purchase and perhaps the problem won't be so acute going forward.....but for the next 14 months I have maxed out my internal memory to the point where I am deleting some applications, even though with android 2.3 I can off-load a number of applications to the SD card.

Hopefully some of the application writers will update their programs to allow them to be stored on the SD card.....many applications still don't do that.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 pm

100 games should not require 93MB... it should require between 100 and 200KB per game, so 100 games should be somewhere between 10MB and 20MB. If it is taking 93 MB, we would like to take a look at your data. If you can do an Options -> Export from your device and email us the customer ID (found on Options screen in iScore), we would like to take a look at your data to see why it is so much larger than our expectations. You can send the email to support@iscoresports.com. Thank you.
uwgraduate

Post by uwgraduate » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:26 am

Sending now but to confirm under Setting>Manage Applications for iScore storage Total is 92.19mb with the application taking up 9.37mb and the Data 82.82 mb
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Responded to your email. The iScore database is taking up 20MB --- right in line with our estimation of what it should take. We included steps in that response on how to clear out the extra data that is apparently being stored as well. It is possible that viewing Scorecard PDFs on the device leaves those files lying around (or some other temporary files Android may be holding on to), and they are not needed. Our email response tells how to clean that up.

One other thing with Android devices specifically --- any time you do an Import, we keep a backup of your original database prior to import as well. The steps we gave in the email will wipe those backups out as well.
uwgraduate

Post by uwgraduate » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Thanks to iScore so promptly addressing my problem and finding a solution.

After following their instructions and deleting my existing data via android Settings and then re-importing my data the total mb used went from 92 to 32, freeing up a significant amount of valuable internal memory.

Great app....great support = great product and company....thx.
uwgraduate

Post by uwgraduate » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 am

I recently exported my data to optimize.....imported the data back and the size of the file increased from approx. 30mb to over 60mb.

In the past I have exported my data to iScore and after you work your magic on the data file I was able to import back with a significant reduction in space.

Can you please do this again?

Provide me with instructions to send the file please....thanks.