"Cancel" option for data entry while scoring

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
Phantom Sage

Re: "Cancel" option for data entry while scoring

Post by Phantom Sage » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 am

I too have done this on many occasions and end up following the following workaround.

Once I make the grievous mistake, I try to kill the play the quickest way possible - usually with some combination of "out" perils.

This way, I can get to the "undo" the quickest way possible and re-enter the correct sequence.
baystatebaseball

Post by baystatebaseball » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:04 am

I don't want to pile on, but would also like to see this. Just adding a nuance to the list: the ability to change the spot on the field to which the ball was hit (much like changing the pitch placement).
OhioTex

Post by OhioTex » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 am

baystatebaseball wrote: the ability to change the spot on the field to which the ball was hit
I am not sure if you know this or not ( i did not intially) . In the current version you have some ability to adjust hit placement, if you "drag and hold" vs "tapping" the location. This lets you can reposition before you release, still want the cancel button, but this tip helped me some. perhaps it will help you..
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:16 am

Yes, the possibility to "drag and hold" hit location has been around for a while now, maybe from the beginning (can't exactly remember when). Like OhioTex, it has helped me a lot, but still my fingers hide the exact location. This is problematic, specially when placing location near the fence ( usually, a triple should not be located over the left field wall :D ). So, count me as wanting the cancel function, or a start over or "reposition", etc...
bsweetser

Post by bsweetser » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:49 am

I have actually had better luck positioning a hit location by tapping than with the drag and hold, just as jdonato states... you can't see under your finger exactly where it is selecting. Perhaps an offset distance from where your finger is actually touching would allow us to more easily place location?
jdonato

Post by jdonato » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:46 pm

bsweetser wrote:I have actually had better luck positioning a hit location by tapping than with the drag and hold, just as jdonato states... you can't see under your finger exactly where it is selecting. Perhaps an offset distance from where your finger is actually touching would allow us to more easily place location?
WOW :idea: :idea: :idea: . This has to be the best solution for this problem that someone can think of (and of course, I didn't :lol: ). Thanks bsweetser, nice one! Hope FTM can incorporate it: Tap- exact position, Drag and hold- offset, so a person can see the ball while dragging.... It could even be a preference, like a checkmark "Offset while dragging" or something like that.
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:49 pm

We intend to have several such preferences in future releases, and this will certainly be one of them. Thanks.
GatorBoy

Post by GatorBoy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:09 am

After scoring a game "live" for the first time this weekend, I can support this request with a big heck ya. It's not too bad if there aren't any runners on base or maybe one, but with bases loaded and something tricky just happened etc.... and the catcher is waiting for you to call in the pitch - well it can get hecktic. Great program and I can't wait for 2.0 so the stat's are cumulative.

Gatorboy