clicker for ball/stirke entry (future ideas)

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
BallCoach

clicker for ball/stirke entry (future ideas)

Post by BallCoach » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 am

I would love to have a way to score balls and strikes without having to look at the phone to tap the proper button. Is there a way to add some sort of clicker for strikes, fouls, and balls. I know this is a minor issue but I find myself having to look down after each pitch to find the right button.

Great product! I cant wait for the update!
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Re: clicker

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:56 am

Can you expand on the clicker idea? What are you proposing that would make it so you don't have to look at the screen for the location of the buttons?
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
kbhom

Post by kbhom » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:48 am

I use your application on an iPod Touch. Would it be possible to use the volume controls for ball/strike buttons?
FTMSupport
Site Admin

Post by FTMSupport » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:20 pm

Even if it were technically possible to use the volume controls for this purpose, Apple would not allow it. They are very specific in their guidelines that all controls must be used for their intended purpose.
Check out the new iScore Baseball documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
nkw

Post by nkw » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:51 am

I know this is an old thread, but I would also like to request an option to record balls and strikes without looking down at the screen each time. I don't track pitch location, so there is no need for me to look at the screen. I use an Android tablet, and I believe that you can assign other functions to these keys.
Cboukal

Post by Cboukal » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:40 am

Sell a bluetooth remote with buttons like an umpire's keeper. Probably over kill but I'd pay it so I could walk away from my ipad for a second to talk to the coach or something and still get the balls/strikes.