Slap hit in softball

If you have an idea for improving the product, please post it here and we will try and prioritize updates based on the most popular requests.
mays30

Re: Slap hit in softball

Post by mays30 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:40 pm

Iscore is a great product but it is a little concerning there haven't been any major updates in over a year. Especially the slap enhancement which has been on here for almost 5 years.
team mom

Post by team mom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:00 pm

If the intention of the slap is to move the runners, then you can score as a sac bunt and add notes. That way the batter's avg does not suffer. (As a workaround until (if) this enhancement is implemented.) The sacrifice is all about intention though. A 4-3 grounder put-out from any type of hitter that moves the runner has the same effect as a sac bunt as well, but negatively affects the batters average.
Team Mom

Check out the new iscore documentation page!
Includes videos and user manual.
http://iscoresports.com/baseball/training.php#docs
wilburburns

Post by wilburburns » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 pm

In my situation, many times, it could be classified as a Sac Bunt, but it's really not and is more like a ground ball to short or second. I'm fine with it going against their batting average, I just want to know that is was intended to be a Slap.

It's all about being specific in the types of hits. We have ground balls (Hard, Medium, Soft), why can't we also have a Slap (Hard, Medium, Soft).

Cliff